NOW RUNNING FINE BUT CAN'T STOP WHITE SMOKE!!! what could cause this?

BECERRASC

it's running too rich the codes are 121 , 172 , 136 what could cause this ??? be saides the o2 sensors?

is so rich .....! the engine it was just rebuilt .. so new spark plugs/wires/coil.

THE issue of been running rich it's fixed it was a incorrect ecu...

NOW THE CAR IT SEEMS TO BE RUNNING FINE BUT THERES A LOT OF WITHE SMOKE!! NOW THIS CAR IT'S BEEN SETTING FOR 4 YEARS NOW I LET IT RUN FOR A GOOD 10 MINS AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE WHOLE NEIBOR HOOD IS IN THE CLOUDS .....:rolleyes:.... NOW I AM STARTING TO WORRIE...:( ANY ONE ??

Last edited:
Are you using different injectors than the stock ones? 30# for 89-93 and 36# for 94-95 unless you are chipped.

no chip all stock

all stock except the heads,intake,exaustmanifolds ported but thats it nothing else!!!! the car is a 89 auto stock with the 30 lbs fuel injectors

it's running too rich the codes are 121 , 172 , 136 what could cause this ??? be saides the o2 sensors?

is so rich .....! the engine it was just rebuilt .. so new spark plugs/wires/coil.

Its unusual for both O2s to be out at the same time are they pluged in?

Sounds like either the fuel pressure is too high (fuel pressure regulator) or at least one injector is being held open all the time (bad injector or shorted injector driver in the EEC). you need to check the fuel pressure at the rail and if its ok then start unplugging the injectors one at a time with the engine running...when you unplug one and get no change that would be the one stuck open, etc... just eliminate one possibility at a time until you find it.....Dan

Is the ground wire for the 02 sensors grounded, when I did my rebuild my car also ran rich, found out the ground was not grounded. the wire should be coming out of the fuel injector harness behind the blower and grounded to the driver's side heads. if I am not mistaken only the 89's have it.

wire

Is the ground wire for the 02 sensors grounded, when I did my rebuild my car also ran rich, found out the ground was not grounded. the wire should be coming out of the fuel injector harness behind the blower and grounded to the driver's side heads. if I am not mistaken only the 89's have it.

it's grounded .... now my only possible bad is the eec & fuel pressure regulator so i am going to test the FPR now if it's fine then is the eec

New issue help guys

it's running too rich the codes are 121 , 172 , 136 what could cause this ??? Be saides the o2 sensors?

Is so rich .....! The engine it was just rebuilt .. So new spark plugs/wires/coil.

I just hope the hg are good....:(
the issue of been running rich it's fixed it was a incorrect ecu...

Now the car it seems to be running fine but theres a lot of withe smoke!! Now this car it's been setting for 4 years now i let it run for a good 10 mins and it looks like the whole neibor hood is in the clouds .....:rolleyes:.... Now i am starting to worrie...:( any one ??

any one that had the same issue please ..

Hg!!!!!!!

well i find it funny that we all have had sc for years and this guy is writing about smoking up the block? really... obv he is burning antifrezze, were is another thing but if your are smoking up the block then it is def your prob. check your coolent make sure thats still there open your oil fill tube see if there is a large amount of white film, its got to be thick thou. then check your dip stick.

When I blew my head gaskets. I replace them of course and when I started up the car afterwards it had huge clouds of white smoke. I first thought I blew them again but turned out the antifreeze had collected in the mufflers and after 5 minutes of running on fast idle it cooked all of it out. I also understand from talking to other guys that antifreeze takes out the oxygen sensors. Guess I feel if it is white your burning up coolant

Ken

ok

what could be gone wrong ..!

there is no water in oil ...... yet i will pull the spark plugs to figured out witch side is doing this .... :mad:

You just replaced an EEC which was dumping fuel into the exhaust, right ?? Chances are you probably have a whole bunch of water, and condensation inside your pipes that is burning out = white smoke.

Last week I replaced an EEC in a 94/95 4.6L Tbird which had the stuck injector driver. After I replaced the EEC and restored the vehicle, it was still blowing smoke for half a day from everything inside the pipes - it didnt fully clear out until about 2 days of driving. So just keep starting it up and clearing it out, smoke out the whole neighborhood. ;)

- Dan

Back in the day, had a vaccum modulator on the trans go bad.
It allowed the engine to suck in trans fluid and caused white smoke..............

I Would say that you should idle it out of your neighborhood and on to a non crowded area and give it a good stiff driving.

we get problems with e36 bmws that when the oil seperator goes bad it will fill exhaust up with oil and god knows what else. they put on quite the smoke show till all that crap blows or burns out of exhaust.

and yes its white to grey colored.

well .....

it seams to be going down the smoke..... i was thinking on going over the heads again ....:rolleyes: .. i was pulling all my tools to start tonight but i just give a few more minutes of run .... and i think i have good luck ...;) thanks you guys .....

i can't take the car any were it's not registered yet it has 2005 tabs on it ...:p and i am in a down town .... witch it makes it difficult cause i could get in trouble very easy.... thaks guys for your help

Definitely drive it for awhile. It won't stop smoking until you get some heat and airflow going. Might take 5 miles or so.

Back