PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 issues (Resolved)

Hock
03-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Just got my LC-1 installed last night. Hit the switch to start calibrating it and nothing, no LED, no gauge. Now I know that all wiring is connected properly but I do think I need a better power source for it cause currently I have it connected to the battery fuse for the 12v switch. I'm gonna move that tonight and see if it changes.

Any other thoughts?

92sclikenew
03-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Just got my LC-1 installed last night. Hit the switch to start calibrating it and nothing, no LED, no gauge. Now I know that all wiring is connected properly but I do think I need a better power source for it cause currently I have it connected to the battery fuse for the 12v switch. I'm gonna move that tonight and see if it changes.

Any other thoughts?

i would check and make sure it has power at the end of the wire you ran. if it has power then maybe the lc-1 is bad. ill be getting one of these soon.

please post what you find out.

Mike8675309
03-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Did you follow the instructions for the LC1, particularly Chapter 3 in the documentation titled "first time use"?

Hock
03-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Did you follow the instructions for the LC1, particularly Chapter 3 in the documentation titled "first time use"?

I used the diagram that came with the setup but did really go through the manual on the disc yet. Is there something in particular that I need to look for?

Hock
03-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Just looked at the manual. Nothing new in there that will help me.

Hock
03-13-2010, 11:56 PM
After work tonight I went up to the garage and checked the wiring again and as far as I could tell its all hooked up correct.

For those that are using it where did you run your power from and where did you ground it?

Hock
03-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Checked all the wiring today for power and as it turns out the lead that I was using to power the LC-1 pulled out of the spade connector and was sitting in the shrink tubing. So I replaced the connector and its working like a champ. I went through and did the initial calibration and am getting between 14.3-14.5 at idle. I still have yet to take it out on the road, have to button the interior and bumper up and get a serial adapter for the laptop so I can plug the LC-1 into the laptop.

92sclikenew
03-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Checked all the wiring today for power and as it turns out the lead that I was using to power the LC-1 pulled out of the spade connector and was sitting in the shrink tubing. So I replaced the connector and its working like a champ. I went through and did the initial calibration and am getting between 14.3-14.5 at idle. I still have yet to take it out on the road, have to button the interior and bumper up and get a serial adapter for the laptop so I can plug the LC-1 into the laptop.

what kind of adapter is needed to hook it to the comptuer?

do you happen to have a link..
i just bought mine today:D

Hock
03-14-2010, 05:22 PM
what kind of adapter is needed to hook it to the comptuer?

do you happen to have a link..
i just bought mine today:D

It comes with a serial (female) adapter to connect to your computer. The problem I had, till a few minutes ago, is that my laptop only had a female serial plug and USB ports. So I went to Radio Shack (and got ripped off) and bought a male serial/USB adapter cable. Just check and see whats you have on yours if you have a male 9 pin serial port then you'll be ok.

92sclikenew
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
It comes with a serial (female) adapter to connect to your computer. The problem I had, till a few minutes ago, is that my laptop only had a female serial plug and USB ports. So I went to Radio Shack (and got ripped off) and bought a male serial/USB adapter cable. Just check and see whats you have on yours if you have a male 9 pin serial port then you'll be ok.

ok thanks!