Installing the new Addco front Anti-Sway Bar

Sampo

I was installing that yesterday but I didn't manage to get the old one out.

My question is:

Is there any way to get out the end links without breaking them. They seem to be very tight. I know there's a special tool for that but I don't have it right now...

Then the other stupid question.

These bushings came with anti-sway bar. Where they should go?

Attachments

• SC pics.jpg
    SC pics.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 224
If you dont have a 2 jaw puller for the endlinks .. a hammer usually works. Not on the threads for the endlink, hit the side sway bar on the sides where it passes through and that could dislodge them.

- Dan

If you dont have a 2 jaw puller for the endlinks .. a hammer usually works. Not on the threads for the endlink, hit the side sway bar on the sides where it passes through and that could dislodge them.

- Dan

Ok, have to try that. Thanks.

Any idea of the bushings?

-Sami

Never use a Pickle fork .. thats a good way to ruin the endlinks - he wants to re-use them.

No idea on the bushings either .. what else did you order besides the sway bar ?

- Dan

No idea on the bushings either .. what else did you order besides the sway bar ?

- Dan

I can't remember...:eek:

I ordered those sway bars many years ago from SpinningWheels. I had written to package that these bushings will go to 1.5" lowered car? So who knows what those might be?

Those bushings and the rods that appear to be included seem to be for the rear sway bar end links. Are you sure you bought a front sway bar? The semi- circular things I have no idea about.

Are the ends of the sway bar oriented horizontal or vertically? Are you going to be able to bolt up the ends of the sway bar to the stock end links?

the metal doughnuts go on the inside of the bushings which on mine were red I will email my cousin the pic and see what he says (he works at addco :D) give him a day or two to get back

Here is a pic showing the location for the split metal rings.

swaybarrings.jpg

Those bushings and the rods that appear to be included seem to be for the rear sway bar end links. Are you sure you bought a front sway bar? The semi- circular things I have no idea about.

Are the ends of the sway bar oriented horizontal or vertically? Are you going to be able to bolt up the ends of the sway bar to the stock end links?

I bought both of them, the front and rear.

Do I have a choice with the end links? Can I get something else than stock?

the metal doughnuts go on the inside of the bushings which on mine were red I will email my cousin the pic and see what he says (he works at addco :D) give him a day or two to get back

Ok, that would be fine!:)

Here is a pic showing the location for the split metal rings.

Yes, that's what I thought how to use them. I quess those help you to put the sway bar to the right place ( center! ), right?

Rod, do you have a pic of the end links of your car?

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I thought how to use them. I quess those help you to put the sway bar to the right place ( center! ), right?

Yes, they keep the bar centered in the car.

Rod, do you have a pic of the end links of your car?

I'm running Moog replacements for a 93-97 MN12 on the front (with spindles from a 97 Tbird). The bottom one in this picture is the style that I have on my XR7, but I can't find a good picture of them installed.

endlink20comparo.jpg

On the rear, I'm just running a "universal" style. It's a long Grade 8 bolt with bushings, sleeves, washers, and a locknut.

airbag.jpg

Unless you have lowered the car, you shouldn't need to replace the front end links. However, you may want to do so if they are worn out.

I think that the front end links are the same for 89-91. Then they switched for 92-97.

So if I want to replace my end links in the front, what brand would you suggest? And my car is lowered 1.5".;)

Could those bushings ( The pic I sent in the first post... ) be for the universal style end links like Rod has in the rear? Can I put that kind of set up to the front?

-Sami

You can only use stock links in the front. And I presume the aftermaket curved ones will be just fine, unless they are of a poor grade and the ball and socked are not solid enough to take the beating.

For the rears you will need the universal ones. What size I dont remember anymore you being in finland stinks because you can walk into any store here and grab a few and bring it home and size it up till the bar is horizntally straight. Then return the rest. That one is important to have a good angle because you dont want the bushings to be compressed on one side and loose on the other due to a bar that is not flat/straight in relatio to the control arm.

The front one does not really matter like I said

Thanks for answers guys!

I'll let you know when continue to working with this.

Then more questions...:D

if the guys didn't get you all the info you needed my cousin said give him a call @ 800-338-7015 (John Wright) I know its toll free but not sure how it works international

Back