correct ignition switch for my sc?

birdlessmuz

ive been looking for my parts to fix my car. when i start my car i have to let go of key very slowly or shuts down i was told that what i need is ignition switch not tumbler so i went on advanced auto parts napa and pep boys and they all seem to have a diffrent part so i think this is the right one anyone done this before is this right?

Attachments

• 203737474.jpg
    203737474.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 69
Not what mine looks like my SC and 5.0 both share the same switch, I'm willing to bet so do all other MN-12s, if yours is different I don't know what to tell you.

That looks like one of the connectors to a DIS/ICM and not a ignition switch.

didnt think it looked right so i will keep looking thanks for input! so if you have done this before do you know the part number i should be looking for?or where to get it?

Last edited:
perfect thank you im going to try to get this done today

Any time. Glad I can help.

You may also want to invest in a security torx bit. T27 if I recall correctly.

Pull the bottom trim panel off from underneath the column and remove the 4 bolts holding the column and drop it. Makes it easy to change. Just be sure you get the pin in the correct position to engage the key cyliner to the new switch.

got it done today thanks for the advice so now is the brakes :confused:

I feel your pain. I just came into posession of a Anni that had been setting for about 5 years. First order of business is head gaskets. But I was looking at the suspension last night and unfortunately I have a LOT of work to do to get it back in shape.

Best of luck to you.

Back