PDA

View Full Version : trade competetion subs and amp for rims

hawkins
03-15-2010, 06:21 PM
i know this is way out there but ihave the receipts for this system its less than a month old and i paid close to a grand for the subs and the amp and i would like to trade them and my stock wheels and tires for a set of aftermarket with decent tires the subs are competetion series memphis street edge 10" subs in a ported box with a 1000 watt amp and a hot and ground wire, if anyones interested let me know

hawkins
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
i know this is way out there but ihave the receipts for this system its less than a month old and i paid close to a grand for the subs and the amp and i would like to trade them and my stock wheels and tires for a set of aftermarket with decent tires the subs are competetion series memphis street edge 10" subs in a ported box with a 1000 watt amp and a hot and ground wire, if anyones interested let me know

if not interested in the system and you have a set of aftermarket wheels for sale let me know and i will just buy them if the price is right

22lbsofboost
04-05-2010, 10:17 AM
sorry bud but street edge is memphis's entry level stuff and theres nothing competition about it. not bashing :)but competition subs and amps are a completely different animal than anything street edge makes. hell memphis's most insane competition stuff cant keep up with the true competition gear that is out there (dc audio, incriminator, american bass,sundown,cactus sounds to name a few) been an IASCA follower for 15 years so not just talkin doo doo:D i have a 2000 yukon that does 154 db on the dash

k_schutte
04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
sorry bud but street edge is memphis's entry level stuff and theres nothing competition about it. not bashing :)but competition subs and amps are a completely different animal than anything street edge makes. hell memphis's most insane competition stuff cant keep up with the true competition gear that is out there (dc audio, incriminator, american bass,sundown,cactus sounds to name a few) been an IASCA follower for 15 years so not just talkin doo doo:D i have a 2000 yukon that does 154 db on the dash

I laughed when I first seen this but decided not to say anything LOL... My components probably handle more power than these subs. You say you are a follower, do you compete at all? My cadillac did 146.7 in the basic trunk class last year on a single Mach5 SPL-15 and about 2Kw. This year I have an Fi BTL 18" fully loaded and a DD Z1 to push it. Haven't chosen a vehicle yet though...

OP: next time you want a system, Let Me Know! those subs you listed can be had for under $50/ea. For a grand I could have hooked you up with a SERIOUS sound system.

22lbsofboost
04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
def go SUV they just easier to get the numbers out of and more storage for batts and amps
yes i go to local shows but i dont travel. not that sick with it. i run 2 american bass 500.1 on 2 hd 18 dual 2 ohm in 17 cu ft slot port tuned LOW about 25 hz. it does 149 at 30 hz!!!!! it peaks at 47 hz and my best is 159.5bass race. on termlab.no deadener, 1 300 amp alt, 2 yellow top optimas (not near enough i know) sorry for the thread hijack:D i have 4 kinetic3800s just too lazy to rewire lol

k_schutte
04-05-2010, 02:05 PM
def go SUV they just easier to get the numbers out of and more storage for batts and amps
yes i go to local shows but i dont travel. not that sick with it. i run 2 american bass 500.1 on 2 hd 18 dual 2 ohm in 17 cu ft slot port tuned LOW about 25 hz. it does 149 at 30 hz!!!!! it peaks at 47 hz and my best is 159.5bass race. on termlab.no deadener, 1 300 amp alt, 2 yellow top optimas (not near enough i know) sorry for the thread hijack:D i have 4 kinetic3800s just too lazy to rewire lol

not calling BS on you but... well, I am calling BS on you actually LOL...

I don't think you have to worry much about thread jacking, trying to say you paid $1K+ for a $200~ system I am sure people are not going to be too interested...

22lbsofboost
04-05-2010, 02:23 PM
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/22lbsofboost/pics/th_TRUCK5.jpgjust look me up on termpro.com./ 21lbsofboost. pics and specs on the yukon over there. if you dont know about termpro then youre a poser

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/22lbsofboost/pics/th_TRUCK3.jpg

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/22lbsofboost/pics/th_TRUCK1.jpg

a pic or 2 of one of these offenders. i also have a roadmaster wagon with 4 15s does a 149. also have a 90 SC 142.9 2 12's

k_schutte
04-05-2010, 03:32 PM
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/22lbsofboost/pics/th_TRUCK5.jpgjust look me up on termpro.com./ 21lbsofboost. pics and specs on the yukon over there. if you dont know about termpro then youre a poser

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/22lbsofboost/pics/th_TRUCK3.jpg

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/22lbsofboost/pics/th_TRUCK1.jpg

a pic or 2 of one of these offenders. i also have a roadmaster wagon with 4 15s does a 149. also have a 90 SC 142.9 2 12's

LOL... yeah, I've been in the game for about 8 years now, not too long compared to most people but I've got my share of trophies.

the first numbers where fairly impressive but the wagon and SC seem to be lacking.

22lbsofboost
04-05-2010, 04:06 PM
theyre all just toys. if i need real slap then i drive the yukon. if they out beat the wagon then i go home and get the yukon. not too many people around here with this much real schit in their car. have 800 rms watts on my mids and highs lmao.

k_schutte
04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
theyre all just toys. if i need real slap then i drive the yukon. if they out beat the wagon then i go home and get the yukon. not too many people around here with this much real schit in their car. have 800 rms watts on my mids and highs lmao.

LOL... one guy seen the amp I run my mids/tweets on and was like "holy crap, how many subs you push with that thing" :o He almost ~~~~ when I told him the 6.5" components I run have a 3" voicecoil.

Anyways, we shoud probably quit cluttering his thread now...

gormoe35th
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
sound systems are for 16 yo kids. stop messing with his thread and move on please. let people make there own choice on what they want to do please. thank you.

hawkins
04-05-2010, 07:37 PM
wow you over paid by way too much cuz my system in my durango hit 125db and i only paid like 1300 ill dig up the receipt and see how much it was exactly but thanks for bashing just shows too much head up assery and testosterone

hawkins
04-05-2010, 07:40 PM
wow you over paid by way too much cuz my system in my durango hit 125db and i only paid like 1300 ill dig up the receipt and see how much it was exactly but thanks for bashing just shows too much head up assery and testosterone

yeah 1387.69 for the subs amp box head unit and 4 six's subs amp and box were 837.40

k_schutte
04-05-2010, 09:05 PM
LOL.... honestly guy, my speakers ALONE hit 127.XX

you do realize the higher the number the better it is right? and who the heck was that directed at because the only person who said what they paid was YOU, so I assume it must be directed at yourself in which case, I agree, you over paid by about $700

I am sorry you got RAPED by whoever sold you that system but you should be honest and tell people those are $50/ea subs and not what you are trying to say they are. Feel free to argue but you can look at all of my MidWest SPL trophies or check out any of the state records I hold if you want to question my car audio knowledge. I have more power going to my mids/tweets than you have in your entire system. I am running about 6Kw RMS daily with my setup. That is REAL, bench tested power as well, not "the amp says 1000 watts on it" power.

that being said, if you want a trade, you are looking at about $200 (at most) worth of stuff you have to trade. I have a set of American Racing "157" series polished rims without tires I would trade if you pay shipping on both. My girlfriend wants a little tiny bit of bass in her car so that setup would work good for her.

shoalcracker
04-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Other than the bit about rims and tires- that was way over my head.

Interesting read though.

22lbsofboost
04-06-2010, 01:12 PM
sound systems are for 16 yo kids.

lmao @ that. junky old thunderbirds are for 16 year olds too :D

ive had loud systems and junky thunderbirds since i WAS 16 so i guess it fits:D

im 33 now, i will be tearing the block down when im 60, so be ready:)

hawkins
04-07-2010, 07:24 PM
i agree you over paid by about $700.

i never said i didnt over pay and i never said i expected to get my money back either i said i wanted to trade the subs and amp AND my stock wheels and tires for a set of RIMS with or without tires it didnt matter, so obviously i wasnt trying to get my money back or i would just buy a new set of rims

hotrodstew
04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
I have a set of STOCK SC wheels that i could spray paint chrome and trade ya. Thats about what your system is worth used

hawkins
04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
I have a set of STOCK SC wheels that i could spray paint chrome and trade ya. Thats about what your system is worth used

way too late man. if i wanted factory sc wheels but chrome id just go have mine dipped.