1990 supercharger TUNE UP???? HeadGasket??

tctc1981hotmail

First off I no nothing about cars and I have to speak to guy tomorrow about fixing a blown head gasket. My question is if he were to fix a blown headgasket how much trouble would it be to replace the wires and plugs. How much do you think he should charge me. Also should I have anything else done why he is doing a blown headgasket. I was quoted 600 parts and labor which is alot better then 1500 or more from other places. Thanks I no nothing about cars just purchased 90 sc.

The plugs are in the heads, so when the heads come off for the new gaskets, its just a matter of unscrewing the old ones and putting in the new ones. Then when it is all set to go back together, connecting the wires is mandatory, so new ones would only be a matter of plug and play more or less. Are you going to have the heads re-surfaced? Ask the mechanic to straight edge the heads to make sure they haven't warped at all.

Motor mounts. SO WORTH IT.

+1.... with everything out of the way, its soooo much easier.

another few things to consider... power steering flush while you're in there, oxygen sensors (as the antifreeze likely ruined the current ones) porting out your exhaust manifolds (they have to come off anyways) and plugs are a given, the antifreeze probably fouled those too.

good luck, i'll be in the same boat in a few weeks with my 94. hope to get it knocked out in a couple days time.

All of the above, plus the heater hoses behind the engine. Do 'em while you can see 'em. There are a host of other things that would be good to change, but if you have to pay someone else to do it, the cost will add up quickly. One of the benefits of doing you're own work...

Back