AC delete

BirdofPrey97

I thought there was a post about people using an idler pulley from the 6.0L diesel as an AC delete pulley, but now I can't find the post. Anyone help me out with this? :confused:

I did the 3.8 NA tensioner method because I think it looks a lot cleaner than using a big pulley in AC location. See this thread for pics and part numbers.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106141&highlight=delete+tensioner

attachment.php

David

Mildly old post being brought back.. BUT better then starting my own?? (you can get flamed either way)

But I wants some clarification

So what mods are done to the '94-01? mustang 3.8L Tensioner and pulley??

David did one 5/8" washer and abit of grinding to the tensioners arm? someone else used 2 5/8" washers?

Also how thick is the washers that people are using?

Well i already got the components to do it with the "Mustang" Tensioner, ect..
For a nearly stock application, but just deleting the AC system, the modified SC tensioner may of been good enough.. but wasn't interested in that method thou.. But thanks all the same

no slippage of the waterpump with the tensioner setup?

What belt was used with this setup?

Last edited:
no slippage of the waterpump with the tensioner setup?

What belt was used with this setup?

NA V6 Mustang tensioner 1994-2004 Four Seasons #45873 (RockAuto.com)
NAPA 25-08560 8 rib belt
Dayco 89053 8 rib pulley

The tensioner comes with a 6 rib pulley (bolt that retains pulley has LH threads).

David

The tensioner comes with a 6 rib pulley (bolt that retains pulley has LH threads).

i am ashamed to admit this, but i forgot about this MINOR detail :eek: Now i have to decide on another tensioner, Heli-coil/Insert the arm for a Normal M12 Flange bolt or pay to get another arm :eek:

I'm thinking Red Thread locker with a normal RH thread Flange bolt should work out??

why is it LH thread by the way?? For just incase it comes loose it won't Vibrate loose? (usually when a bolt becomes loose it seem to rotate Counter clock wise?)

i am ashamed to admit this, but i forgot about this MINOR detail :eek: Now i have to decide on another tensioner, Heli-coil/Insert the arm for a Normal M12 Flange bolt or pay to get another arm :eek:

I'm thinking Red Thread locker with a normal RH thread Flange bolt should work out??

why is it LH thread by the way?? For just incase it comes loose it won't Vibrate loose? (usually when a bolt becomes loose it seem to rotate Counter clock wise?)

It's got a LH thread on the bolt, because of the direction the tensioner arm rotates to release tension on the belt, which is the opposite direction of the stock SC tensioners.

I'd just buy another tensioner, because if that pulley comes off at high rpms.....it won't be pretty.

David

It's got a LH thread on the bolt, because of the direction the tensioner arm rotates to release tension on the belt, which is the opposite direction of the stock SC tensioners.

Okay that makes sense..
even thou i think if you use Red thread locker correctly, the bolt shouldn't come loose easily..

I noticed we don't have a Heli-Coils for M12 x 1.75 at work (1/2-13 thou) So cost of a Kit plus a bolt will be VERY close to a replacement used tensioner for the Correct bolt. So I'll just get another tensioner for the Bolt and be done with it..

Back