Brake problems-

Bluntz

So there is a black thing i would say is directly in front of the steering column on the wall of the driver side engine bay, it is black round, and says something about the brakes being under pressure. I am leaking no fluid i can see anyways, heres whats happening, i push the brake down and both lights come on- anti lock and brakes, they go to floor, i pump them car stops ok.
What do you think my problem is? When i turn the car off this motorized device stays on. I had to pull fuses to get it off without disconnecting my battery all the time, as it stands if i wanna go somewhere i gotta get under the hood everytime.

How much longer can i drive under these conditions? Whats the worst case scenario? Will the parking brake save me in a pinch? Can this black thing be disabled? What is the black thing?

SEARCH MY POSTS, THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AGAIN TODAY ACTUALLY.

YOU MOST LIKELY WITHOUT PROPER DIAG NEED A NEW ACCUMULATOR BALL. BUT PRESSURE SENSORS AND PUMPS HAVE ALSO BEEN THE PROBLEM.

MINE DID SAME THING BOTH LIGHTS WOULD COME ON WHEN PRESSING BRAKES AND MINE TURNED OUT TO BE A ACCUMULATOR BALL. i THEN DID SOME MAINTENANCE TO CAR AND FLUSHED THE SYSTEM REALLY WELL.

Man that looks expensive,after purchasing it i got over 500 into this car already and still going, this car better last till its 65th anniversary!!!!!

You cannot really do without the brake accumulator. You probably need a new one of those.

However, you also have another problem. The fact that you hear the buzzing all the time means that the ABS pump motor is always running. If that is the case, then the ABS pump relay is broken. That is on the passenger side of the firewall. It's cheap - less than $30.

you cannot really do without the brake accumulator. You probably need a new one of those.

However, you also have another problem. The fact that you hear the buzzing all the time means that the abs pump motor is always running. If that is the case, then the abs pump relay is broken. That is on the passenger side of the firewall. It's cheap - less than $30.

or its not pumping anything.

What is condition of fluid and level. They are very particular to level it seems

When the red brake light and amber ABS lights come on at the same time when the brake pedal is pressed indicates a bad accumulator....

The pump running all the time can be either a bad ABS relay or a bad ABS pressure switch.....:mad:

If you're lucky, it will be the relay.....:rolleyes:

I have a few of the relays if you need one....

I was able to fix this problem with a relay... Got lucky. My brakes are still a tad bit spongy, would a brake flush and bleed solve this? I would like them to be as tight as possible.

Thanks.

I was able to fix this problem with a relay... Got lucky. My brakes are still a tad bit spongy, would a brake flush and bleed solve this? I would like them to be as tight as possible.

Thanks.

The bleed should do it.

Back