what parts are you using?

birdlessmuz

not sure what oil was used in motor that was just rebuilt first change, so im wondering what oil i should use ? should i change rearend oil? brake fluid?what dot?what filters? change all filters where are they?what about brakes stock are there vented? bigger brakes with out hub changes? braided hoses?

Focus, Daniel-San. :rolleyes: :)

Filters:

Oil - lower front of engine
Air - front passenger's side of engine compartment
Fuel - under car, right-hand side

Fluids:

Oil - 5w20, 5w30, 10w30 - somewhere in that range. Fresh rebuild should use a relatively thin oil because of tight clearances.
Coolant - should be fresh if the engine was rebuilt
Brake fluid - DOT 4 or 3 - yes, change it (research proper bleeding procedure)
Rear end fluid - sure, why not ... make sure you add friction modifier for the limited-slip

Brakes:

Stock rotors are vented - meaning vents between the two faces. No cuts in the faces.
Bigger front brakes - no hub change needed. However, spindles will prevent this if you have an 89 or 90.
Braided hoses - if you want

No synthetics on fresh rebuild, use conventional for about the first 1000-1500 miles. As for the oil weight you really need an actual pressure gauge to judge which viscosity you need, most likely 5W or 10W-30.

what brand do you guys recomend? ive always used mobil 1 what filters are you using ? what about zmax anyone use this?

Dont use zmax.....If its a fresh rebuild Id do the first two oil changes within a thousand miles of one another with a non synthetic...Easy miles varying RPM when driving..Theh go to synthetic. No reason to waste cash on initial breakin.

As to what synthetic is best...I couldnt tell you. Ive used them all however

Back