Clutch Pedal Linkage

sts70004

So I've done some research to the possible fixes for this problem, and I thought of one that might work, but want some feedback. Interestingly enough, the pushrod is not very oval, just a tiny bit. The pedal portion itself is the worn part, my replacement clip lasted 2 days:mad:. So my idea for a solution is to drill just enough into the pushrod to make that hole round again, and use a brass bushing over the clutch pedal's side, and inside the hole, with a cotter pin retaining it. Sound like it'll be a good fix?

So I went ahead and did it anyway because I didn't hear back. Here's pics of my solution if anyone wants to do something similar. I used a 3/8 x 1/2 bronze bushing.

Forgot to attach them.

Attachments

• 100_7734.JPG
    100_7734.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_7735.JPG
    100_7735.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_7736.JPG
    100_7736.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_7738.JPG
    100_7738.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 221
Curious what brass bushing you used. You brazed it on?

I used a nylon sleeve and a drill bit stop for mine. I had the same issue. I;m eventually changing my pedal. If done right I bet a nice delrin sleeve would work real nice. Once I have my new pedal in hand I may just come up with a better then what I have solution

George and I believe Duffy designed a replacment part for the ball on the clutch pedal several years ago. I had our engineering department tweak the design to allow for securing it to the pedal with a nut instead of welding, then had about 40 pcs made on a CNC lathe where I work. I donated them to the club and shipped the bulk of them to George.

So if any SCCoA members need this part, I suggest you e-mail George to see if he can hook you up.

David

PS: Don't recall ever seeing anything posted on this website to make members aware that a replacement part even exist :confused:

Last edited:
Well if this fails in the future, I might need to look it up. But I think this'll do fine, all I have to do is replace the bronze bushing anytime a little play starts to develop in the pedal. Its laster longer than the new plastic one already lol. Clutch pedal feels really nice now.

Back