Anything I should get down while getting my headgasket replaced.

tctc1981hotmail

I asked a question a few days I figured I would re word it. I found someone to do my headgasket for 600 parts and labor he wont be starting until the first. So he will be fairly reasonable to do other work. I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything else to do why they got the motor apart. Thanks for your time...

Motor mounts....:D

Ported exhaust manifolds....:D

and port the heads, over size the valves. you'll be happy if you do that.
new thermostat
bypass the coolant line into your tb
bypass egr
if you plan to get a tune done get the 60lb injectors. Dave Dalke has a great deal on them.
porting the exhaust manifolds is good to do or get headers. the mustang headers fit with lil mods needed for the exhaust.
motor mounts are very important. while you have easy access replace them. i have to change some atm with everything intact, not fun.

agreed with the above... but get those 02 sensors and plugs changed. they are likely fouled from the coolant in the exhaust. gasket matching the intake and cleaning up the blower inlet wont hurt either.

theres tons of things i'm taking care of while mine is apart. slowpoke just added a couple things to do too ;) definitely going to take off the unnecessary coolant lines and nix the egr. less to screw with.

of course, these cars arent a model of simplicity. ;)

Back