supercharger options

birdlessmuz

i have noticed that some guys are using diffrent sc's such as autorotor,whipple chargers,m90's,etc..so my question is what works best and what are all the options?i found a m90 off a gm for $50 bucks should i buy?

I think you should look into a pulley till you get up to speed on your supercharger knowledge. Only the guts of a GM SC work on our cars. And thats after modifying the dowels.

Your statement clearly tells us you are a newbie at the whole SC talk. There is lots of stuff to read if you keep doing searches. But $50 wont get you too far.

As Rico said the rotor pack can be swapped into your factory m90 and if you hav ean earlier model m90 (89-93) it may give you minimal gains. the whipples and AR are not bolt on applications and are custom made at a great expence

Magnum powers make steh only aftermarket sc that is a direct fit. If you have an earlier car the 94-95 blower is an upgrade

you are right i dont know to much but from reading i know that the late model sc is probroly the best way for me to go i found three so far all around 350 is that a fair price? i kinda want to build up a stockpile of performance parts and eventualy build a monster.i want to be able to drive down the street turn right go drag get back on road turn right and race a road course.

Make a plan so you dont do the SC shuffle. More boost will require bigger injectors. There are a few budget ways of getting performance on the cheap.

A 94-95 SC will support up to 325RWHP on the average if you have a MP inlet behind it. But for that you need heads, cam, Intercooler upgrade, injectors, TB, MAF and exhaust and a bigger fuel pump.

Good luck and keep reading.

If you just want some more go then upgrade the exhaust first then pully the SC to get more boost and compensate from the lost boost of the exhaust.
If you just pully then you might get into HG blowing terrirory.

Back