serious question

scxr7

most of you guys on here think I'm kind of a jerk off, but I've got a real question this time. I've got a built 4r70w with an aftermarket valve body a trans brake and a 3000 stall converter with a 4.10:1 posi rear end with a 255/45/16 drag radial. some of you know that I recently blew another n/a motor out. I've got a s/c motor that I'm going to re-ring and re-bearing. but I might actually go with forged rods and pistons also. I havent torn the s/c engine down yet, so I don't know if I need to bore out the cylinders. but this is just a general question. IF, and this is kind of a big if. If I replace the rods and pistons with forged ones from ssm, what compression ratio should I use? I'm using an m90 type blower like most people. I can't afford a turbo setup or an autorotor. personally I'd like to step it up to 9.4:1 compression with my mpx, but I'm also considering going low compression with more boost from the m90. today I got most of the junk out of the way to pull the s/c motor from my 93 tbird. tomorrow I'll get the motor on a stand and start the dis-assembly. anyways, enough rambling. What do most of you guys run on your motors, as far as compression ratio?

First I dont personally think your a....If you go in the 9 plus compression range you will either have to run low boost or run alchohol injection. And most importantly no matter what a GOOD tune. Realistically with a good tune you shouldnt blow a NA motor liek you have especially so soon.

Just seriously keep in mind whatever you do..TUNE

High compression and power adders is for race cars. Not street cars. Go with the 8.8 to 1 ratio and the MPX. That will be plenty....And you will have to bore it to use the forged pistons. Minimum they come is .030

Back