Intake Manifoldd leaking Oil?

Drummer

My SC is leaking about a quart a day! I took it to a shop and told them I thought it might be the rear main or oil pan gasket. He put it on the rack and said it was the intake gasket that was leaking the oil. I did the passenger side valve cover gasket tightening thing already to. Is this possible?:confused::confused::confused: Also there is engine oil coming out of my down tube from the supercharger. Read a few posts on this and that seems normal but it is really coming out pretty good. Changed the pcv to. The car idles great when it is cool but when I go through a drive through eating situation it goes from 1,000 RPM to 200 and sputters. Allot of issues and I thought maybe these were related somehow. HELP!!!

Last edited:
No help? Not one person out of the 44 or so that have viewed this post can give me an answer? MAN.....:eek:

It could have blown out the rear gasket on the intake manifold. If it did that you may now have a huge vac leak if its also leaking at the heads now.

The only way to know for sure where its leaking is to take it to a high pressure wash and scrub the heck out of it and then look quickly to see where the oil is coming from. If in fact it is the rear intake gasket, with some real cleaning and some silicone it can be fixed... just make sure you give it 24 hours to set up before driving the car or the blowby in the engine will just blow the soft silicone back out. But having said that, a quart a day seems way out of line for an intake leak unless the engine has some excessive blowby....my money would be on the rear seal or valve covers..............Dan

Thank You both so much for the advice. I have my own pressure washer and will clean it up this weekend and look for the leak. As to the vacuum leak I can see that being a possibility to. I know there is one for the a/c controls and that explains the rough idle at times. You guys are the best and again, Thanks. I will update this when I do the things you suggested.

Back