Removing Engine harness..

91 XR7

How hard would it be to Remove the EEC-IV harness from the EEC to the engine? with engine in the car and dash in the car..

If it's not all that hard, it may be a great way to Physically check out the whole thing to see if there is a Short, Open or just round bad connection someplace in my 1991 SC (Search for Hot start issues)

A break out box would be awesome and thats why the other thread :p

thank you

Also if anyone can take a picture of the part of the harness that plugs into the Bap sensor, namely with the colors of the wires showing??:p

That is not going to be that easy of a task. Especially with the Dash and Engine in. What exactly is your problem?

haha funny you posted this the timing is great

i just pulled the complete engine harness from the ecu through the firewall and removed all the engine wiring as well, i have the dash and engine removed but im pretty confident it can be done just as easily with the dash and engine still in place.

remove the harness from the ecu 10mm bolt
disconnect the remaining harnesses coming from that wiring pack
on the engine side you'll see the wiring coming through at the top on the passenger side, give it a god tug, you want to pop the grommet out, then you can feed the wiring through and presto!

the ecu harness doesn't look like it will fit but it will, you have to twist her sideways and she fits through with no problem.

if you want some pics just let me know, i can snap some tomorrow

I totally forgot you were in the mists of doing this kinda thing yourself...

We'll see if it gets this far or not.. But there truly is something up with my SC, and i'll be doing some more testing, like the Reference voltage, and wiring for the BAP and TPS itself..

I still find it weird that it idles at 400-500rpm, running richer then sin, yet throws not a single CODE!!! Something is good at KOEO but once it starts to start it screws up..

Yah a ECU, Bap Sensor, MAF sensor, ect..

I'm going to try testing the Bap sensor out of the car (forgot to bring my tools AGAIN!! (Well DVOM) ) this week.. then I may start tearing in the car (inside the kick panel area) and check the ground and connections there and see what's what...

I like to check the Reference Voltage for accuracy, and grounds and such..

Back