Tranny x-member isolators

talonhead

While working the x-mem for the t56 swap, I tore up one of the rubber isolators that are on the ends where it mounts to the frame. Haven't found any of the on-line auto parts places.

Anyone know if these are dealer items? Or have a p/n or 'correct' noun name?
Or know where to get new ones?
MikeH

What year is your car?

SCP sells poly bushings for the cross member. Be warned, it's a real pain to get the stock ones out.

Attachments

• HPIM0570.JPG
    HPIM0570.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 67
DLF,
Mine was a '93 5 spd. now a 6 speed. The original isolators were rectangle and folded over the ends of the crossmember. Not hard at all to remove.
On one side the tabs that linked the top/bottom together have come apart, and the other side is getting ready to go, along with seperating from the metal backing plate.
Went to ford today after looking on-line for that type and not finding it. Guess what? Was barely able to get a drawing showing p/n's (they're part of the crossmember, no seperate p/n). Not listed in database either.

Did manage to find some per-formed steel at the Home Despot that is the same basic size and shape as the backing plate. I'm looking at extending the mount to the rear enough to put second bolt about 1.5" from the original one. Then mod the ends of the x-mem to match the enlarged footprint. Hopefully this will keep the trans from sagging. Have to get some thick rubber to make the larger pads out of.
Later,
MikeH

SCP bushings

Might get 2 sets, If I go with the 2 bolt /side design.
Will have to get back under the car when it stops raining.
MikeH

Back