front speakers

SCmeGo

I am going to replace my speakers. Do I need to remove the door panels to access the speakers or can I just pop off the covers.

Thanks, Scott

WAIT! I don't know what year yours is, and I don't know about the 94-95's, but my 91 you take the door panel off. Not hard at all. Unscrew the switch panel, take out the screw inside after that. I think that's it, but I've only done it once. Lift up on the panel and it comes out. Mine didn't have any plastic plugs connecting the panel to the door. I didn't even unplug the window/door lock switches. You get right at the speakers then. If I'm wrong and they do pop off, just let me know. Didn't look to me like they would, I was going to take them off for cleaning the cloth, but left it on there since it didn't look removable.

I think the rear ones are the ones that pop off.

Last edited:
Be careful. On a 90 like mine, they DON'T pop off. Remove 1 screw from switch holder, and 1 from lower bottom, next to the courtesy light. Its in the carpet part. Then, be careful when you do this, push the whole panel up. Then it comes off.
While you have the door panel off it would be a good time to spread some white lithium grease on the power window tracks in the door recess.
Good luck.

Back