92 with mustang 3.8 swap

etriebe

Hello, I picked up a 94 SC in November for my fiance for Christmas that had a 2001 mustang engine in it. I liked the car a lot and she won't let me drive it as much as I want so I said fine I'll go get my own. just got a 92 red SC with a 5 Sp for cheap but the head gaskets are bad and the engine has a slight knock at an idle. I was going to just do the gaskets and put it back together and see where I get with the knock because there was a lot of water in the oil, just change the oil and i should be OK. Then I slept on it and decided not a good idea, just yank it out and stick a new one in. Went and got a low mileage 01 mustang 3.8 and started to clean and swap everything over. So far so good until the crank sensor has no place to go. Any solutions anybody has found?

Hello, I picked up a 94 SC in November for my fiance for Christmas that had a 2001 mustang engine in it. I liked the car a lot and she won't let me drive it as much as I want so I said fine I'll go get my own. just got a 92 red SC with a 5 Sp for cheap but the head gaskets are bad and the engine has a slight knock at an idle. I was going to just do the gaskets and put it back together and see where I get with the knock because there was a lot of water in the oil, just change the oil and i should be OK. Then I slept on it and decided not a good idea, just yank it out and stick a new one in. Went and got a low mileage 01 mustang 3.8 and started to clean and swap everything over. So far so good until the crank sensor has no place to go. Any solutions anybody has found?

Check with the guys on this forum, they do a lot of SC motor swaps into Mustangs and can probably answer your question.

http://www.v6power.net/vb/

David

I think he's going the other way if I'm not mistaken.....you're putting a 3.8 from a stang into your SC right?

You would need to swap the front cover and balancer I believe..I think the compression will be off as well..Also you would need to reuse your old heads and just about everything else

Yep putting a mustang 3.8 in a bird. My solution is to have the crank sensor bracket welded to the timing cover. the only bad thing about that is if I have to change the sensor I will have to pull the balancer.

Can weld a, 10mm x 1.5 for a 89-93 KS or a 12mm x 1.5 for 94/95, nut. If it was me I go ahead and use the 12mm because Ford has made the -93 sensor obsolete and now offer the 94+ block adapter and sensor for all SCs.

FYI, the 12x1.5 is a 4.6 KS and unless he's changed his mind Fraser doesn't like this idea (using a different model KS).

Back