PDA

View Full Version : SC Tuning

fturner
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Folks,

The SC Tuning (http://www.sctuning.net) site is back up with a new look and some new products.... come on over and have a look.

We'll be adding more products and features moving forward.

The SC Tuning Team

rzimmerl
03-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Fraser,

When will the website be updated with pricing?

New website looks great btw.

Toms-SC
03-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Can't wait for some group buy's on QH packages. :cool:

neverfastenough
03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Yea, prices on the site would be nice.

coolhand
03-27-2010, 09:17 AM
You Yanks might have to pay in Canadian funds the way the dollar is!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with the business Fraser.

Matt

fturner
03-27-2010, 10:30 AM
If you guys register on the site, you'll see the prices... guess I should put that on the home page :).

The site does default to CDN prices, but you can select US pricing on the lower left.

Fraser

rzimmerl
03-27-2010, 10:36 AM
If you guys register on the site, you'll see the prices... guess I should put that on the home page :).

Just registered and all is well. Thanks

90blkbrd
03-27-2010, 11:14 AM
The site didn't recognize my email address from when I created an account last September, so I just created a new one.

fturner
03-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Its a whole new site, but unfortunately I couldn't port the data over from the old without a lot of grief.

Fraser

90blkbrd
03-27-2010, 11:46 AM
Its a whole new site, but unfortunately I couldn't port the data over from the old without a lot of grief.

Fraser

No problem.

sinhumane
03-27-2010, 02:14 PM
any progress on that super secret tuning program frit? :)

fturner
03-27-2010, 05:57 PM
Yup... about 75% of the way there :D.

Fraser

sinhumane
03-27-2010, 06:18 PM
first in line for an order :)

decipha
03-28-2010, 12:05 AM
cool frit, is there going to be a tuning forum on there as well to talk about tuning and what not?

fturner
03-28-2010, 08:55 AM
cool frit, is there going to be a tuning forum on there as well to talk about tuning and what not?

I haven't decided on that yet. Once I release software though I'll be opening forums up to support that as that wouldn't be allowed here. For actual tuning "discussions" etc, I don't know yet if I want to go there. The one here is lightly used for now so we'll stick with that, but if it starts getting complicated and requires separate categories, then I'll look into it.

Fraser

fturner
03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Sorry folks, but the site is down, more than likely for good. I had a Paypal claim made against me today for a $35 definition file and paypal locked my bank account in the process.

The individual is accusing me of falsely stating what the definition file can do and the fact that the only reply I ever gave him was No Refunds for digital content, meanwhile I did try to help him several times....

Now I need to figure out how the heck I'm going to make my mortgage payment tomorrow :mad:.

Fraser

DrFishbone
03-30-2010, 09:50 PM
How can Paypal lock your bank account?! :eek:

fturner
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
I've heard of stories like that in the past, and now I'm one of the sods that got nailed with their fine print. Not only is the paypal account locked for transactions, but they also locked my bank account. I'll be phoning in the morning to see what the heck is going on.

The guy didn't even let me help him out before he decided to swap the eec out for a cbaza eec. Who's to say now, since obviously I'll be forced to give him a refund, that he doesn't continue to use that def file, which he would probably do.

This is really making me question why I am even doing this if my family is going to suffer because of it.... all for a stinking $35.... if only he knew how much work actually went in to making those defs... I should be charging several hundred. Then the amount of time I take to help folks out, which he didn't want obviously.

Fraser

bowez
03-30-2010, 11:01 PM
You should have a separate account for you should always business transactions. Hate to hear this though.

neverfastenough
03-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Really sry to hear this Frit. My friend had this problem with paypal it was no easy task to get it unlocked. Hope all goes well.

QuickMustang
03-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Wow, and I thought I was pushy about some things when I was getting my def file...Sorry to hear that. I wonder if we (people that have done paypal transactions with you in the past) could email paypal to help. I really hope this doesn't keep you from continuing to do all the things you do for this community, although I couldn't really blame you if it did. Good luck getting it all sorted out.

rzimmerl
03-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Sorry to hear this. Why is it that when something good comes along, it only takes one person being a moron to screw it up for the whole group.

After you get this all straightened out, will still be able to get the def files from you on a one to one basis?

fturner
03-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Sorry to hear this. Why is it that when something good comes along, it only takes one person being a moron to screw it up for the whole group.

After you get this all straightened out, will still be able to get the def files from you on a one to one basis?

Yeah, which is basically how I have been doing it until now but I just wanted it to be easier for folks. Also, moving forward I will not be selling any the defs to non-supercoupe owners. GSALI covers the v8 tbirds in that year range as well which a few people have purchased the def for.

You guys have been great supporting my efforts and patient with me when I've had to make changes to add and/or correct things, but this one inidivdual is going around telling everyone I was a complete jerk and kept trying to blow him off when he approached me about the switch for the thermactor and turning EGR off which is different than the older cars with egr.

Fraser

Toms-SC
03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Name & shame please.

Sxar
03-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Name & shame please.

I think Fraser is doing the right thing as a vendor in not naming the guy. That said, it was pretty easy to find the forum where the tool was complaining.

frdlvr30
03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a seperate account that I keep little money in attached to my Paypal for this reason. It has never happened to me, but could very easily...Just go to the bank and shut the account down. Withdraw the funds and open another account...

fturner
03-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, after spending a couple of hours on the phone, paypal said that it was a mistake on locking my account and it has been released (thank god!!!!)

Now I'm going to open another account just for business stuff.

But now, this just proved that having a terms & conditions statement on your website and contracts etc is just a waste of time as its automatically null and void.

Fraser

sinhumane
03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
sucks to hear you had that trouble.

but good to see that the issue was resolved and didnt totally derail your business. :D

Mike8675309
03-31-2010, 07:57 PM
But now, this just proved that having a terms & conditions statement on your website and contracts etc is just a waste of time as its automatically null and void.

Fraser,

that's an issue with paypal. A bank would never pull that crap. it isn't something a bank could do on their own without some sort of court order.

You might want to check into google checkout and see if they are any better than paypal.

One of the keys to doing business is knowing who you want to do business with, and who you don't. Then don't waste your time with those you don't want. It never is worth it.

The maker of the DCC fan control got so pissed at folks that for a long time he would only take orders from people on a couple mustang boards, and it had to be people referred by people he knew or had sold to before. He got tired of the b.s. of dealing with idiots that don't know any better and get themselves into trouble and try blaming those who they bought it from, or what they bought.
looks like general people access is back.
http://www.dccontrol.com/introf0.htm

qc89SC
03-31-2010, 09:29 PM
glad to see that everything is ok now!!!
went on the site and still closed when will it open want to see the tuning stuff!!!

fturner
04-01-2010, 09:34 AM
At the moment, if you need anything tuning wise, please email me. I'm looking at other payment alternatives, as well as thinking about hiring a lawyer to write me up some terms and conditions stuff which means running the business will cost me for the next couple of years, because its not like I make any money at this now. I don't even break even on my existing expenses...... and to think, all this for $35 because the person wants something perfect in software.

Lessons learned for me.
1. Sadly, don't assume people are nice until proven otherwise.
2. Terms and conditions don't mean squat, so why even bother writing one.
3. Use a seperate bank account for the business.
4. There will always be someone out there that is going to stiff you no matter what.

Anyway, I got lucky this time and maybe it was a learning session for me.

Fraser

QuickMustang
04-01-2010, 02:16 PM
At the moment, if you need anything tuning wise, please email me. I'm looking at other payment alternatives, as well as thinking about hiring a lawyer to write me up some terms and conditions stuff which means running the business will cost me for the next couple of years, because its not like I make any money at this now. I don't even break even on my existing expenses...... and to think, all this for $35 because the person wants something perfect in software.

Lessons learned for me.
1. Sadly, don't assume people are nice until proven otherwise.
2. Terms and conditions don't mean squat, so why even bother writing one.
3. Use a seperate bank account for the business.
4. There will always be someone out there that is going to stiff you no matter what.

Anyway, I got lucky this time and maybe it was a learning session for me.

Fraser

Just don't charge people at all for all the work you do and all problems will be solved!!!:p:p:p:p:p:eek:

fturner
04-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Just don't charge people at all for all the work you do and all problems will be solved!!!:p:p:p:p:p:eek:

hhhmmm another one to add to the hate list............................

j/k :).

Fraser

qc89SC
04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
i have a 89 SC if i buy The gure definition it mean its the program to tune my SC??? would it be a good thing to buy it and see how this work before going in the car???

if i understand well i need if i have my laptop i need the Def, quarterhorse and a lm1 and im ready to go after??

fturner
04-06-2010, 09:52 PM
In order to datalog and tune the car you'll need

- a laptop
- the Quarterhorse
- the Innovate LC1 wideband O2 sensor
- software, which for now is BinaryEditor
- the definition file, which in your case is GURE
- a spreadsheet program such as excel or the one in OpenOffice to look at the data.
- a lot of patience to learn how to tune :).

Fraser

qc89SC
04-07-2010, 09:39 PM
ive got a lot of patience and i want to learn about tuning!!! also i have a SC that must develop patience a lot :p (also develop a hole in the pocket)