another crank but wont start.

two1six

as you and i both know there are many instances of this problem, so i might as well add to the the list.

i had happened to been driving to my brother's house, when i arrived i had noticed a puddle of oil under my car. so after some investigation i realized that i had blown my timing cover seal.

now for the interesting part, i replaced the seals and such, and also resealed the intercooler, top, and pipes. when i went to crank, no start.

i did do some research and seen that the upshift light was on, so i replaced the crank positioning sensor. i also had the ignition module checked, it passed. i am getting spark from the coil.

now one of my first questions is would a crank angle sensor cause the car not to start? because i cleaned the timing cover with gunk and left it in there.

now i am stuck as to what it might be, and advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Is the balancer on all the way.....

Is the reluctor ring on the back of the balancer passing through the crank sensor.....

Yes, there is a gap on both sides while passing through the sensor as well. The upshift light did turn off after I had installed the new sensor. I was curious to what else it might be. Oh also let it be known that when the car was running and had warmed up it would bog out, so to speak, around 3800 rpm.

Bog out????? check for proper fuel pressure, then pull a plug to make sure they aren't flooded its a ~~~~ to get one of these cars started after they have been flooded and it might have gotten flooded while the crank sensor was bad...................Dan

Unplug the camshaft sensor. If it starts then then you need to look there. The computer will guess at cam position if the sensor is unplugged and this guess is good enough for it to run. It's an easy test too.

good luck

try restting the cam sensor with the positioning tool i just had the same prob not even a month ago after my balancer broke

Back