Somebody throw me freaking bone here....

Hock

cause I'm about to say the hell with this car.

Got the QH installed and can't get the darn thing running right to save my life. The LC-1 is showing a 22:1 AFR at idle and everytime I read the tune thats should be on the QH all the functions are 0.

Not when I first installed the drivers I installed the BURN2/JAYBIRD but later fixed to QH so that is correct. But now I have no idea why nothing seem to be working correct. The binary editor won't show the LC-1 either, it say that no com port is available for it. Well I checked the com port through the control panel and the the converter cable is on COM6 so that is what I have it set to on the BE and still nothing.

I did attach some of the things that have show up on the BE. SO, someone PLEASE help me get this straighten out before I take out this engine and turn it into a mailbox!

Last edited:
You need to use Mode 2 and load the tune in the first 4 slots only. The other 2 modes are meant to be used with a switch.

Fraser

You need to use Mode 2 and load the tune in the first 4 slots only. The other 2 modes are meant to be used with a switch.

Fraser

Well I forgot to mention I do have a switch, but, just for sake of trouble shooting I will disconnect it and do what you said. It's possible the switch is the problem, maybe.

Fraser,

I did what you said and still have the same issue. The BE is still saying "QHorse: Failed Building Payload" Seems like something isn't communicating right.

humerus-1.jpg

I did what you said and still have the same issue. The BE is still saying "QHorse: Failed Building Payload" Seems like something isn't communicating right.

When BE says that, what are you trying to do? Datalog or burn the tune?

Note that for datalogging, you have to choose some items to log, before trying to start a log. Default is not to have any items selected for logging.

Note I'm not clear what your issue is so maybe you should start from the top. You started with issues about not seeing a proper AF reading, but then went to not seeing the LC1 on the BE software, and now you are saying you can't build a payload.

When BE says that, what are you trying to do? Datalog or burn the tune?

Datalog

Note that for datalogging, you have to choose some items to log, before trying to start a log. Default is not to have any items selected for logging.

And how does one do that exactly? The instructions aren't too clear on that or I just haven't found that part yet.

Note I'm not clear what your issue is so maybe you should start from the top. You started with issues about not seeing a proper AF reading, but then went to not seeing the LC1 on the BE software, and now you are saying you can't build a payload.

Well I've been working with Fraser and Clint, mostly Fraser though, and the only thing he can figure is that I may have gotten a bad QH. I emailed Craig last night and am waiting on a reply.

As far as the LC1 goes I got all that straightened out for the most part but the BE still say that no com port is available so I have no clue what the heck is going on there. I can see it through Logworks 3 but not the BE so I have no clue what going on there.

As far as the Moates goes the BE recognizes it and I can send a tune to it but thats it. When I read it all the values come back as zero so it seems like either its not taking a tune or something isn't right with the BE but I'm gonna talk with Craig and see what he thinks before I go any further.

I'm just really beginning to get frustrated cause I have all of this stuff done to the car and I can't really drive it.

I only have BE 2009, so I'm not sure how close to what you have it is. But to datalog you need to click on the Data Logging tab. Then make sure the Hide Unused button isn't pressed. Make sure enable datalogging is on. You should get a list of stuff to log with check boxes on the left. Check the things in the box you want to log.

Click the Save button to save your group of things you checked. You should limit the number of items logged at any one time. I can't remember how many is the max, but any more than a handful is just noise.

Attachments

• datalogging.jpg
    datalogging.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 123
Well I put the QH back in the car and got it goin. Got a few minutes of data logging done, though I'm still trying to make sense of all of it. I do know that I need to set the tune for the injectors and MAF. Does anyone have the transfer functions for a C&L 73 MAF with the Red Tube?

I attached the data for the injectors. Is it right? I know that I have to convert the injector slope to lb/hr and then do the offset data. Should I remove the values from the stock tune that this chart does not show?

Back