Capacitors

XxSlowpokexX

Guys/Gals,

I have never logged voltage drop but have any of you thought about stabilizing voltage to your cars electrical system via a capacitor (or series of such). Not really sure if this is an issue or not with our cars but I am planning on doing a few things and thought of this whiel I was at it.
Any thoughts?

I can't imagine there would be any value to it unless you are trying to run some sort of equipment that is not designed for automotive power systems. Due to the battery, you really don't see the type of power issues that conditioning would benefit. In reality, the battery itself acts like a large capacitor.

I'd only consider one myself if I had a really high powered audio system and expected to be playing really dynamic music.

Well when running underdrives, large high amp fans that turn on and off and whatnot I figured maybe it would have some merit. More about keeping steady voltage when zapped with a high load. I realize a battery and an automotive electrical system is designed regulate voltage to begin with...But it was just a thought

Back