PDA

View Full Version : Took my SC to the track yesterday

Super Duper Cou
03-27-2010, 01:41 PM
I raced my 1993 Thunderbird SC at the Portland International Raceway yesterday. My best run was a 14.1 @ 96mph on drag radials. I'll post a video of my run tomorrow. I was happy with the car's performance for the most part. :)

XxSlowpokexX
03-27-2010, 04:11 PM
WHats done to it?

Super Duper Cou
03-27-2010, 08:21 PM
WHats done to it?

K&N air filter, 3 inch intake pipe, MAF off of a lightning, custom built raised sc top, custom front mount intercooler, true dual 2 1/2" catback exhaust, shift kit, 5% od jackshaft pulley, and a 5% od supercharger pullley. I shifted manually through each gear at around 5 grand and that seemed to really help it. I also had a 1.9 60 foot time with the bfg drag radials for almost every run.

scxr7
03-29-2010, 11:35 PM
14.1 is a damn good time for those mods. congrats. I guess the radials helped a lot

Super Duper Cou
04-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Here is some videos of me racing that night. Sorry it took me so long to get them up, my little brother was being lazy and wouldn't put the videos on the computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IeebXJs0DE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73iYjI5rguY

XR7Kurt
04-09-2010, 02:40 PM
I shifted manually through each gear at around 5 grand and that seemed to really help it.
I'd bet you will break into the 13's if you shift a little higher and take advantage of the exhaust being opened up. Maybe try 5250rpm and see what it does then just keep going up a little until you don't gain anything.
Great times though. What shift kit do you have?

Super Duper Cou
04-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I'd bet you will break into the 13's if you shift a little higher and take advantage of the exhaust being opened up. Maybe try 5250rpm and see what it does then just keep going up a little until you don't gain anything.
Great times though. What shift kit do you have?

Thanks, I'll try shifting a little higher next time i go to the track. I'm not sure what shift kit is in it because the guy who owned it before me had the shift kit put in. I'm getting a SCT performance chip for my car here soon and then i'll take it back to the track. Hopefully i can get a 13.99 out of it. :)