Blue XR7 Seats

Melon

SCCoA Member
I've got a set of blue XR7 cloth seats and the rear is a fold down. All are in good shape, but could use a good cleaning.

Asking $50 for the seat, prefer not to ship, but will work with buyer on delivery. I've got pictures, but will take better ones in the next day or so and post them up as well.

Thanks
-Melon

Last edited:
Melon,

I thought Hawkins was inline for these seats?
Told me today he was waiting to hear from you.

Can you post pics of these please?

I may be interested in them IF Hawkins doesn't want these.
Might be a good fit in my 72 Gran Torino.

Road trip is worth it, stop in Omaha to pick up some Torino parts too!

That could be - I wasn't really sure after his last response? And then when he posted his car up for sale, I thought he wasn't interested. Mis-communication on both ends I guess.

I'll get pictures tomorrow when I get home from work. The only pictures I have is them still in the back of my truck when I brought them home.

-Melon

That could be - I wasn't really sure after his last response? And then when he posted his car up for sale, I thought he wasn't interested. Mis-communication on both ends I guess.

I'll get pictures tomorrow when I get home from work. The only pictures I have is them still in the back of my truck when I brought them home.

-Melon

still intersted man stick some pics up, are they a direct fit in the s/c and what are the differences between the xr7 seats and s/c's

Ok sorry for the delay. It was a busy week at work and then holiday weekend.. whew.. Anyway - the seats should be a direct fit for any T-Bird or Cougar. And as far as I know, 89-90 XR7 seats are identical to Super Coupe seats.

On to the pictures
Seats1.jpg

Drivers side bolster
Drivers2.jpg

Only burn mark I can spot on the front seat
Drivers1.jpg

Rear seat, top and bottom
Rear1.jpg

One mark on the seat back, other mark on the seat bottom
Rear2.jpg

Rear3.jpg

And finally, the back of back seat.
Rear4.jpg

I do not have the L-brackets for the seats. I took pictures of anything I thought a potential buyer should know about. Other than a good cleaning, the seats are in pretty good shape considering they are 20yrs old. I do not guarantee that the seat motors work since I've never had them plugged in. Thanks for looking.

-Melon

Last edited:
For some gas money, I'll bring them down to the KC area which is roughly 200 miles away for me.

-Melon

Thanks, for some reason I thought the fold down seats only came in the leather, that's good to know.

I believe only 1989 and 1990 Cougar XR7's had that option for rear fold down in cloth.

-Melon

according to mapquest's times im only twenty minutes farther than KC is from Blair NE so if you wanna meet halfway that would work, and make it easier on you cuz KC is 3 hours from me also lol

Where at in KC were you thinking? If we can talk one of the KC locals into hosting a BBQ, we can meet there. When were you thinking about meeting up?

And according to Google Maps, it's an hour difference between your drive times and mine. You've got around 2hrs, I've got 3hrs.

-Melon

Where at in KC were you thinking? If we can talk one of the KC locals into hosting a BBQ, we can meet there. When were you thinking about meeting up?

And according to Google Maps, it's an hour difference between your drive times and mine. You've got around 2hrs, I've got 3hrs.

-Melon

yeah map quest said 2 hours and like 45 mins, but if no other reason to go to KC then i figured we could meet in the middle of my town and yours somwhere

Junction City, KS to Kansas City, KS - 2hrs, 3 min (125 miles)
Blair, NE to Kansas City, KS - 3hrs, 23 min (213 miles)

And those are taken from Mapquest as well.

Anywhere is fine with me, but prefer Kansas side. Mostly because there isn't any real reason for us to be on the MO side.

When were you thinking about meeting up?

-Melon

When were you thinking about meeting up?

-Melon[/QUOTE]

as soon as possible but ill be busy this weekend and through out next week shipping would be rediculous on those also i might be able to hitch a ride with regul8r he has to go up to nebraska for some parts for his torino ill get ahold of him and let you know, if not with him ill try my ~~~ off for this sunday

I'm also busy this weekend so it's a no-go for me. Otherwise, most any Sunday works for me.

Find out when he's coming up to Nebraska and where - perhaps we can meet up there instead.

Where is regul8r getting his parts at in Nebraska?

-Melon

im not sure where from i think he said a buddy of his has them ill find out when and where but please hang on to them i definately want them

No worries, no one else has expressed interest so far.

Also, I came across the L brackets for the rear seat so those will be included as well.

-Melon

Back