93 SC hesitation

wingzeroac195

SCCoA Member
To all the SC experts!!! I have a 1993 Thunderbird SC, today started weird, it has a little hesitation in park and power is down, no engine light, and it starts like always, no white smoke coming out of the exhaust. But when in Drive, it hesitates more, like it have not enough fuel, the tank is full, I run 93 Shell, and never had a problem, the timing is good, and the car does not stall, but while in drive at the stop light, the engines hesitate a lot, like if the timing is down, but like I said it is good. any ideas because I do not know what happened to her:confused::confused::confused::confused:

vac leaks

Check for vacuum leaks, loose hoses...pcv valve on pass valve cover, egr valve hose if you have egr, valve vent hose that runs from drivers valve cover to intake tube. Look at all the small lines, and then check for leaks at tb and ic tubes

hesitation

today checking all the wires and sensors and hoses, I came across the Idle Air Control Valve, I disconnected and there was no engine sound change, no engine light either, but when I disconnect other sensors the engine idle changed drastically and the engine light came on......I guess I found the problem with the hesitation!!! what you think SC member?:confused::D

Back