putten in starter button

JDC

Hey you guys I've been dealing with a ignition problem for a while{like about a 5 or so months} and I've gave up on it. When I turn on the ignition everythiing turns on:fuel pump,everything. I've changed the ignition switch and solenoid twice each.I tested lighted the starter,the hot side is hot all the time the other post with ignition on does not light.I've tried to trace it down to no avail.So I'm putting an ignition starter button in.Is there anything else that I should know before I start it up on start a fire??? I have put in ignition buttons before so I know how to do it,but not on a vehicle with this much electronics on it.Thanks,JDC

the starter circuit is not that complicated, it comes off the ignition switch, goes to either the neutral safety switch or clutch switch if you have a 5 speed and then to the starter----pretty simple really..........Dan

Hey ol' Old Coot thanks for the information.I have an automatic,I have to put my foot on the brake instead of the clutch pedal.Do you know which wire its is on the brake pedal that I hook it up to?I checked the Haynes book and my shop book for the 90 SC and it doesn't show a safety switch on the brake pedal.It just shows the brake light switch and the cruise control and thats all.Thanks for the help,JDC

I've never heard of any brake switch having anything to do with starting the car. The neutral safety switch is on the side of the trans.

Hey ol' Old Coot thanks for the information.I have an automatic,I have to put my foot on the brake instead of the clutch pedal.Do you know which wire its is on the brake pedal that I hook it up to?I checked the Haynes book and my shop book for the 90 SC and it doesn't show a safety switch on the brake pedal.It just shows the brake light switch and the cruise control and thats all.Thanks for the help,JDC

Nuetral safety switch

Pretty sure the brake safety switch was automotive industry backlash from Audi's unintended accelleration scare, back around that time. Turned out people were accientally stepping on the gas instead of the brake.

David

Thats exactly what it was from. The Audi 5000 incidents....

That relay on the 90's is right next to the fuse panel under the dash.. if you want you can unplug it and jumper it which is what I plan to do since I think mine is acting up.

Fraser

There is 2 boxes next to that fuse box do you know which 1 it is ?Is the one on the right of the fuse box or the left {facing the fuse box }How would I bu pass it or jump it? {I don't mean to be dum but I think that if you don't know then it an't a dum ?}...

Back