Rear Strut Tower Help Please

natesblk93sc

I own a blk 93 s/c - i love the car but have had to let sit because -welp first i now have two daughters ( 3- and 8 months ) and needed something a little larger- and also because the rear shocks decided they needed to peek up through my fooking trucnk.

Its getting warmer out and thought maybe ill keep her but i need to repair this problem. It seems that the metal gave way and the strut mount(upper) came up almost all the way through tthe trunk.

I am going to assume there has qbeen this problem before and was hoping there was a solution other that welding in more steel-

i guess what i was wondering if there was an easy fix for this issue

thanks in advance

n

No, there is going to be no easy fix. Your going to have to cut out the bad till you find good metal and weld a new piece in.

No, there is going to be no easy fix. Your going to have to cut out the bad till you find good metal and weld a new piece in.
hm - i thought maybe there would be some aftermarket pots you could weld in there

guess ill pull out the tin snips

lol

I own a blk 93 s/c - i love the car but have had to let sit because -welp first i now have two daughters ( 3- and 8 months ) and needed something a little larger- and also because the rear shocks decided they needed to peek up through my fooking trucnk.

Its getting warmer out and thought maybe ill keep her but i need to repair this problem. It seems that the metal gave way and the strut mount(upper) came up almost all the way through tthe trunk.

I am going to assume there has qbeen this problem before and was hoping there was a solution other that welding in more steel-

i guess what i was wondering if there was an easy fix for this issue

thanks in advance

n

I got my eye on a realll nice 94-96 v8 bird that i think has this problem, cars been sitting on the front wheels for some time now. I dont think there going to fix the car.

If I could grab it for 600 do you guys think it would be worth it. Of course I know it would be a good parts car but Im talking about to fix and use as a winter tbird so I could not drive my two SC's;)

For that to happen id think you have major spring ssues. Youll probably hav eto cut areas out of a donar car and hav ethem welded unles syou can brace and reweld whats there. Rear strut brace will only help side deflection

Back