PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure gauge on rail

nickleman60
03-29-2010, 07:47 PM
I got it mounted, I had to install a tee to hook up the nitrous fuel supply line along with it. It's real close to the stock hood but will won't be to the cowl hood.

nickleman60
03-29-2010, 07:54 PM
I also have been looking for a 94/95 gauge surround since mine is broke. I can usually find a good one at pick n pull but after 3 weeks I've had no luck. I decided for now to use a 97 gauge surround I picked up at pick n pull Sat. for $11 just to cover up the ugly hole until I can find what I'm looking for. If it wasn't for covering up the idiot lights on the bottom I would leave it on there. Since I removed the stock water temp and oil pressure gauges it doesn't matter that their locations are partially covered.

Roadhawg
03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Put some gas in that Tbird............

I should really get a fuelrail fuel pressure gauge

nickleman60
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM

Until I get it inspected I'm afraid to drive it far................:o

Don't need gas until then.............:rolleyes:

David Neibert
04-01-2010, 04:52 PM

I should really get a fuelrail fuel pressure gauge

Get the full sweep Autometer electric gauge, so you can monitor pressure while driving the car.

David

ricardoa1
04-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Thats kewl. The gauge surround..Who needs idiot lights.

Anyways fuel rail gauges are pretty useless unless you are on the dyno. You want to monitor while driving to see if the pressure gives under boost.
They are good for setting pressure on an AFPR but other then that I never found much use.

frdlvr30
04-01-2010, 08:00 PM
They are good for when it starts running like crap so we can diagnose it. Thats why he did it....

ricardoa1
04-01-2010, 09:18 PM
They are good for when it starts running like crap so we can diagnose it. Thats why he did it....

i suppose buy at that point I would just buy the tool with the larger gauge. I had one of those.

nickleman60
04-02-2010, 10:42 AM
i suppose buy at that point I would just buy the tool with the larger gauge. I had one of those.

I have a fuel pressure tester gauge also. Like Dave (frdlvr30) said it's good for being able to immediately see what kind of fuel pressure, if any, that you have.

Mike8675309
04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
I like the idea of a Fuel Pressure gauge, but I like the idea of logging fuel pressure better
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108251

Ideally though, for fuel pressure all you need is an idiot light, or perhaps better said smart light. You really only need to pay attention to fuel pressure when it drops below where it should be. Thus ideally you would have a warning light along with a gauge, or some sort of logging that would light when fuel pressure drops below some threshold that you establish. Ideally it would be setup so that you can index your threshold off of manifold pressure since 40psi might be fine at part throttle and no boost, but you would want a warning if you were at 15psi and fuel pressure was only 40psi.

Regardless the install looks nice.

frdlvr30
04-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Not to mention it looks cool. Even if un needed. Todd, Vining, Neibert, Kurt will all be chasing you down the 1/4 mile come fall now that you have that baby on there...I would recommend installing a fire extinguisher in the car somewhere now that you have 1.2 million in that thing....

nickleman60
04-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Not to mention it looks cool. Even if un needed. Todd, Vining, Neibert, Kurt will all be chasing you down the 1/4 mile come fall now that you have that baby on there...I would recommend installing a fire extinguisher in the car somewhere now that you have 1.2 million in that thing....

:confused:................What?

frdlvr30
04-04-2010, 11:00 PM
:confused:................What?

It was a joke....except for the Fire Extinguisher part....

nickleman60
04-05-2010, 06:55 AM
It was a joke....except for the Fire Extinguisher part....

Ok..........I'm already known as the "sandbagger" so don't give them fuel to call me something else...........:rolleyes: