early style motor in 94

artic94sc

im going to be putting an early style motor in an 94 sc, is there anything i need to switch over? i have heard i have to put the 94 crank sencer in the early style motor. but i havent ever heard of anything else.

also is there better performance in the 94 intakes and heads or are they the same??

im going to be putting an early style motor in an 94 sc, is there anything i need to switch over? i have heard i have to put the 94 crank sencer in the early style motor. but i havent ever heard of anything else.

also is there better performance in the 94 intakes and heads or are they the same??

From what i understand, the biggest differences are the 94 windage tray, supercharger, and exhuast manifolds over the early style

You'll have to change the crank sensor and harmonic balancer to the late style and possibly the timing cover if the provision for the crank sensor is not there. The the longblocks are basically the same, except the 94 has a windage tray and a high volume oil pump. You'll have to use the 94 exhaust manifolds if you do not want to redo your exhaust on the passenger side, as the 94 manifolds are better then the 89-93.

Back