Dash and park Lights

IGot6UGot8

Had the dash apart this afternoon hooking up my amp and subs. Got in tonight to go cruise, and had no dash lights or park lights. I have no power at the 3 fuses (RR Park, FR Park, and Instr Panel), but none of the fuses are blown. All my fuses by the battery seem to be good also. I looked under the dash for loose plugs and saw none. Anyone have a clue as to where to start looking?

Thanks
Jake
91 SC

No dash, tail, license or park lights

I have the same problem but think I caused mine. I accidentally crossed the ~~~. and neg. batt. cables to day putting the battery back in my 89 Cougar XR-7.
Tonight I changed out the headlight switch thinking I might have burned out the switch from the above but having the same issues which is my # 17 fuse (front prk lights) still keeps blowing each time I change it.

I am stumped on this one.

If you pulled the fuse and it was not blown (has continuity) then you likely have an open circuit, ie not going to ground... Remove the instrument panel fuse from the fuse box and measure voltage on the positive side of where the fuse goes and the neg side of the battery or chassis, you should see 12v. This means that circuit is getting the 12v like it is supposed too. Then check continuity between the other side and the chassis or neg side of the battery. The continuity check should be done with the headlight switch pulled out so that the instrument panel lights are supposed to be on. If you do not get continuity, then that is the problem.

my guess is there is a ground wire that did not get connected back properly somewhere. Im not 100% but I believe the ground wire for the instrument panel is a black wire coming out of the C223 connector on the back of the instrument panel (left plug i think). It goes to G100 if you have an ETVM. I dont have my EVTM yet (im referencing some pages that Ralph shared with me for a problem that I had), so I dont know where G100 is located, but my guess is under the dash somewhere.

Back