Factory & Aftermarket Cooant Temp Gauges

TSC89

SCCoA Member
Has anyone ever hooked an aftermarket coolant temp gauge while leaving the factory temp gauge hooked up on a 90 SC?
I did a search and found several posts on making a "T" for an aftermarket and stock oil pressure gauges but nothing for the temp gauge. Thanks.

Has anyone ever hooked an aftermarket coolant temp gauge while leaving the factory temp gauge hooked up on a 90 SC?
I did a search and found several posts on making a "T" for an aftermarket and stock oil pressure gauges but nothing for the temp gauge. Thanks.

There is a small coolant hose running between the valve cover and ABS unit, cut it and install a T fitting for the temp sending unit. That is how it was done on my car.

I've put a "t" where the temp gauge sender and installed an aftermarket sender that way before (temporary). I actually seemed to work very well...even with an air pocket in the "t"!!! I wouldn't recommend it, but you can do it. Several on here have welded an additional bung in the T-stat housing too.

I forgot about that small coolant line. I went up to the hardware stop and bought a 3/8" "T" fitting and 2 3/8" threaded barb fittings. I took the gauge temperature sending unit out of the adapter it came with and threaded it all together.

Attachments

• PICT3892.JPG
    PICT3892.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 135
I hate to revive a thread from the dead, but is this hose also present on a 1994 supercoupe as well? I am looking to install an aftermarket gauge and keep the stock one operational as well

Back