quick shifter rebuild question....

k_schutte

called to get prices for the parts to rebuild the shifter...

using this: http://www.frontiernet.net/~miketoni/images/tbird/M5R2 Shifter Rebuild.htm

washer pack of 4 $2.20
Bushing $9.98.ea
spring $8.73/ea

Now I have read some that say you only need ONE spring and some say you need TWO...? the article only shows one, so... how many do I actually need?

new numbers:
"Bushing", 1L2Z-7228-AA
"spring" 1L2Z-7Z120-AA
Washer are the same part number as before (E8TZ-7E018-A)

Last edited:
Sounds about right, I was able to get all of it except the upper plate/boot from my ford dealer. I dont remember the new number part, just get it and return it if its wrong.

I have a full rebuild kit that I will not use. I dont have the boot. But have all the ford parts.

Interested?

YOu need...Two bushings and two springs.
The washer pack comes in a pack of 4 you will likely use only two.

will this kit remove the slop in a manual shifter? i can pull up and wiggle around shifter, like when in a gear.will this also give a more positive shift?

will this kit remove the slop in a manual shifter? i can pull up and wiggle around shifter, like when in a gear.will this also give a more positive shift?

Yes...

Personally, I think I might just spend the $175 and get a B&M Ripper Shifter though.

Shifter Parts still available

I have a full rebuild kit that I will not use. I dont have the boot. But have all the ford parts.

Interested?

Greetings!
Still have this stuff? I am interested if you do.
When I pulled the Lever Boot off my trans with weekend, all I found left inside was a metal turning coming up through the boot. You wouldn't also have E9SZ-7277-A laying around would you? :) slowpoke gave me this solution to fixing the damaged boot.
"at autozone in the brake pump fliud lid area you can find some that the flex circles are close to the size of the boot needed for our shifters. they cost around $4. cut the circle flex part out and use an oil resistant resin to mold it to the original plate. "
Thanks,
-Dave

Greetings!
Still have this stuff? I am interested if you do.
When I pulled the Lever Boot off my trans with weekend, all I found left inside was a metal turning coming up through the boot. You wouldn't also have E9SZ-7277-A laying around would you? :) slowpoke gave me this solution to fixing the damaged boot.
"at autozone in the brake pump fliud lid area you can find some that the flex circles are close to the size of the boot needed for our shifters. they cost around $4. cut the circle flex part out and use an oil resistant resin to mold it to the original plate. "
Thanks,
-Dave

I do have them still. But dont have the boot. PM me

Back