6G Alternator

Upgrade?

what is the UPGRADE from ours to this besides the amps?
someone explain the benefits of using this instead of stock?

Upgrade?

what is the UPGRADE from ours to this besides the amps?
someone explain the benefits of using this instead of stock?

The benefits are it being significantly cheaper than the stock replacement for those who have their alternator going out. Plus more amps, it has a lighter rotating mass, and runs cooler. What more could you want :-D

The benefits are it being significantly cheaper than the stock replacement for those who have their alternator going out. Plus more amps, it has a lighter rotating mass, and runs cooler. What more could you want :-D

Thanks for the info!

No problem! Autozone had the 110 amp alternator for like $150 and the ebay one plus shipping is $105

To my understanding a 5.0 and a SC alternator are slightly different. So how much rewiring is required to get the connectors to work?

To my understanding a 5.0 and a SC alternator are slightly different. So how much rewiring is required to get the connectors to work?

well on mine they're both two wire connections. I am however having an issue with pulleys... the stock pulley freezes up on the case of the alternator. Apparently this is not an issue with underdrive pulleys. Theres a lip around the bearing, could this be ground down?

Well I ended up just cutting the lip off the alternator case and it works fine, clears the pulley now. With underdrive pulleys I think it'd work fine.

Your link didn't work, but as longs as the alternator is not any deeper than the stock one, and has a two mounting holes, I would think it would work. Don't quote me on this. :p I looked up some 200 amp alternators for mustangs and they look like they'd fit.

Back