EVO wont thread into new ps pump

mot19

So i purchased a new PS Pump from checker, tore down the hole right side of the motor, took off the IC Pipes, Alternator, big bracket exc.. even changed a motor mount while i was dug in (way harder than any other mount ive ever changed). So i go to thread the EVO into the new pump and the part where the high pressure fitting attaches just smacks against the reservoir. It has no room to spin and thread in. Am i missing something or did i get the wrong pump? The core is already mailed... Pics to come.

that fitting is just on a ring. the ring spins. you have to push the EVO valve in to get it to start threading. just be careful and make sure you have the spring/piston in there or the ordeal starts all over again...

mine does not spin....i actually tried to remove it or spin it and it wont budge...i saw another picture with the high pressure fitting connector removed which makes me wonder if i fused the 2 together. I totally smoked the Power Steering pump when she went, so im guessing the temps shot immensely.

also once i push it in and start the threading thats when the guy i circled hits the pump. So that fitting should spin freely?

not completely freely. theres an oring on there that seals it. it should be difficult to turn. go to ford, get all the orings and replace them on the EVO valve. lube up the seals with a little ps fluid before reinstalling, and you should be just fine.

it definatley should swivel......I dont think that could fuse together but S*** happens. I have one with new seals $14 shipped

so all is well. new pump is on, runs like a beauty. Somewhere in the changing of the motor mounts, oil sending unit, and PS Pump it fixed my low idle problem. She no longer chokes out randomly and throttle response has GREATLY improved. But that power steering pulley.....my god. It was the biggest female dog i have ever ran into pulley wise. Stripped 2 pulley installing tools from checker ended up going up to Ace hardware and buyings a nice bolt, nut and washer and doing it old school. Took almost 30 minutes of tiring wrenching. If the power steering and motor mounts were this bad, i do NOT want to run into the dreaded HG problem that plagues our babys...

If the power steering and motor mounts were this bad, i do NOT want to run into the dreaded HG problem that plagues our babys...

Haha - you've already tackled two of the worst repairs! The only other snag I can think of that stands between you and the HGs is getting the exhaust manifolds loose after 20 years!

Back