No Remote Door Locks With Starter

oh man. trash the "commando" get a viper or something from DEI. they are the only ones other than clifford (old school) or alpine(also old school) that i would trust my wiring with. ive had a viper on the t bird and had the same plus remote start on the yukon with no probs 2 years i love remote start.
the shops around here wont even install an alarm if it isnt a DEI product. does it remote start? or work at all? try another brain before you cut it out. i hope you didnt solder it in:eek:

It is not a commando, the page is only a referrence for the relay instructions. The starter is a Compustar Pro. Everything else works except it will not unlock the doors.

The way I remember doing mine (a e-bay special) was I tapped PK/O to receive unlock signal and PK/B to receive lock signal. I tapped them in floor by the passenger's kick panel.

I did not use any relays, and even incorporated driver's door priority (function of my unit)

If you need to power the door lock/unlock trigger separately use the BK/W wire, as is the power circuit for the door locks.

If your bird has/had keyless entry, then the locks are just negative trigger. Take the Blue/Black (lock) wire on the compustar to the Pink/Yellow wire in the driver's kick panel. Take the Blue (unlock) wire on the compustar to the Pink/Green wire in the driver's kick panel.

If it doesn't/didn't have keyless entry from the factory, it should be reverse polarity, use the diagram below:

revpol.jpg

nic

1990 Cougar XR7 Black Automatic - Blown HG - In storage
1990 Cougar XR7 White Automatic - MPII Blower / MP Raised Top / Kooks Headers / 3.73s / Flowmaster Exhaust
1989 Cougar XR7 Red Manual - 10% OD Pulley / B&M Ripper Shifter / No Resonator Custom Exhaust
2000 Mustang GT Black Automatic - Steeda CastCamb Plates
1999 Lightning Black - 5,400 Miles! Bone Stock

Back