clutch prob anyone??????????

pickel69

ok so it started like a two weeks ago was driving my car and the stupid ford design of the plastic clip that holds the clutch pedal to the master cylinder broke when i was in reverse so the car jumped and stalled out so i went to the parts store finding out that this is a common prob the clip is in the help section so i replaced the clip and all was fine for a a couple days driving two hours back and fourth to work well on the third day i got in the car to go to work and had no clutch so i checked the fluid it was full so i figured the master cylinder went out so i replaced that i bled the system and i had good pedel the rest of the day driving not a lot but when i woke up the next morning to go to work the same prob no clutch my next idea is to change the slave cylinder is it worth my time to drop the tranny or is ther some other ideas anyone has for me

Is there fluid coming from the bottom of the bell housing where it meets the engine if so then you need a new slave cylinder. Might aswell just replace the clutch as you are dropping the trans to get to it.

nope no fluid checked that a buddy asked the same thing so i checked he told me if its not leakin then there is no need to replace

it was bled til there was good pedel and solid stream of fluid im really at a loss on this i had to buy another car so i can get back and fourth to work

It's possible you didn't tighten down the bleed screw valve all the way on the slave. This has happened to me, what a relief it was not to have to pull the tranny to fix it.

Bob

i had my slave go out before. at fisrt i never seen any fluid. there was so much dust and dirt inside the bell housing it all got soaked up before it could leak. it took about a week for any fluid to start dripping and then 100% no clutch. not saying thats your problem, just saying keep a close eye on it.

Back