radiator fan not turning on...

k_schutte

My radiator fan does not seem to be turning on at all. Does anyone know what pins are what on the fan plug? I checked the Relay and I just want to apply power directly the the fan before I do anything else. Just to get that out of the way.
Also, does anyone know about how much the stock SC fans flows? I have an aftermarket 10-blade fan that has a rating of 2500CFM I was thinking about tossing on in place of the stocker if it would be better. also with the FMIC would it be better to "push" or "pull" air when mounted on the engine bay side of the radiator as the stock one is?

imo, i would put that 10inch fan in front and keep the stock rad fan in place. theres a lil pc box in front of your air filter box that controls the fan. those are know to have problems. jump some wires to the fan to see if its working, if so then you just need to get a new control box or wire up your own relay system. i recommend doing both. that way in cases like this you can still turn the fan on manually. i have my fan set to 194on and i think 186 off and still have a manually relay system in place aswell incase the eec doesn't turn it on.

Fan problem resolved by not fixed.

I had the same problem. I bought my 95 sc and the guy who had it installed an aftermarket cone filter. I direct wired a switch to the fan for now (without cutting any wires), but I am currious to know more about this controller box by the filter box (since i dont have a filter box). I am not getting power from the fan plug (I probbed it) but the fan is still good. I threw it up to a bad relay. I just got the motor done a week ago. I bought it 2 months ago and thought it was quick, eccept for when i got into much boost i got a backfire popping noise. The left bank head, 2 outa 3 combustion chanmbers had multiple severe crackes, NO BLOWN HEAD GASKET. Suprising!!!. Maybe the fan not coming on could have been the culperite.:confused:

must be the little computer on mine as well... I just jump it from the battery and she about blew my ~~~ away. I am going to rig up my own relay system as suggested. Quick, easy and it will work so... the fan will run whenever the key is one but that doesn't bother me at all...

must be the little computer on mine as well... I just jump it from the battery and she about blew my ~~~ away. I am going to rig up my own relay system as suggested. Quick, easy and it will work so... the fan will run whenever the key is one but that doesn't bother me at all...

Might want to try removing that Hypertech chip first.

David

check the number 14 fuse in your underhood box, should be a 40 amp IIRC. if that isnt blown, move on to the ccrm, its a box about 5"x6" right in front of your air filter, has a large plug on it that is removed with an 8mm socket. replace with a box of the same number (yes, there were differences)

another option is to jumper the fan wires at the ccrm (that relay box) that will trigger the fan relay whenever the ignition is switched to the on position.

Back