someones gonna steal it tonight !! (SWB)

Auto Doug

Hey guys only a few hour remain untill someone gets a steal of a deal on SWB #006 a 94 Lincoln Mark VIII check it out and place a last minute bid if you want to be the one that comes away with it ! We are just hoping it goes to a good home and maybe one of you guys on this site! see more details and pics in for sale vehicles (Short wheelbase Lincoln, Mark VIII) good luck !:D
Doug Kielian
Auto Kraft
Nebraska

Brian thanks for your input! and thank goodness we don't all like the same things (it would get mighty boring!) and makes us unique that way, so we all have something to talk about! any other comments ? likes or dislikes ?

Other then the stripe I realy like the way it looks. IMO all it needs is a nice set of rims and tires along with a brake upgrade. Unfortunately i couldnt pull the funds together to actually bid on the car or I would have

Doug, I remember a picture of a black SWB Mark. Was it just a rendering or was it ever produced? The black one looked really slick so I know with the right wheels/stance that red one would look great as well.

The price is right, but unfortunately I don't even have the room for the toys I currently own so there is now way I could justify shoe-horning another car into the mix. For the rare, exclusive and cool factor....it is one of the best bang for the buck cars out there. You all did a great job on it.

Micah

I was wondering, didn't the Mark have a slightly longer wheelbase than the Thunderbird to begin with? So how do they compare in the SWB versions?

that car does remind me of a "up to date" turbo coupe.

i compared pics and its really close.

nice car but i dont like it.:eek:

The marks added some metal onto the rear of the car...bigger trunk. If you get under the back of one, you can actually see where the extensions are in the pressing.

I think it would have looked slick in black, but something about the red didn't do it for me. Maybe it was the wheels or the black stripe? Dunno, but I would have loved to pick it up for the sheer collectors value alone.

I'm just happy it's worth more than what you could part it out for. I think it's ugly when perfectly solid, rare cars get parted out.

Well I just drove Jeff's new SWB Mark VIII over to a local cruise shin dig at Culvers parked next to a Viper, 57 Chevy and a few other common cars at any local event USA. The SWB Mark VIII looked great sitting there all cleaned up, as usual a few people drift over to look, point, step back look some more, scratch their heads, go to the other side look some more, confused! etc. Maybe their talking about how ugly it is! (because they are to some). But I really don't care. I have all of $440 dollars in the car other than my (experimental) time in shorting it back in 02 and some paint supplies. So that is why we started it out at such a low price, I did think it would bring more but what the heck let some body win now and then! it's all good ! plus it wasn't going to appreciate in value with me holding on to it! No artist gets famous for hanging onto his work!
Just last summer having dinner with an old timer friend Steele Thurkelson (ace Mechanist / Mechanic for Shelby American back in the day Ford GT -40's Cobras etc. he said when they brought the GT-40's, Daytona Coupes and Cobra race cars back to L. A. They couldn't sell them nobody wanted a beat up old race car! Some of them finally sold for unbelievably cheap! Hmm Lets see 40 some years later you can't touch one for under 3 million (now that is a whole different ball game But who knows what will be important in 20 to 30 years from now!).
Oh buy the way the Viper and the 57 Chevy next to me, got very few lookie lues, well (kids and Moms) "no kids that's a race car!". So building and having a one of a kind car, Yeh it's kinda cool! If I had the money the Viper cost that Dude I could probably build a complete new body for the Mark VIII and buy some new shop equipment to boot!

Any body want to see a picture of Steve Saleen and I discussing discussing the possibly of him getting involved with the SWB Thunderbird SC's and building a SALEEN version ? Dave will like that because it was #003 in the picture. That would have been a neat concept back in the day!

Last edited:
Well I just drove Jeff's new SWB Mark VIII over to a local cruise shin dig at Culvers parked next to a Viper, 57 Chevy and a few other common cars at any local event USA. The SWB Mark VIII looked great sitting there all cleaned up, as usual a few people drift over to look, point, step back look some more, scratch their heads, go to the other side look some more, confused! etc. Maybe their talking about how ugly it is! (because they are to some). But I really don't care. I have all of $440 dollars in the car other than my (experimental) time in shorting it back in 02 and some paint supplies. So that is why we started it out at such a low price, I did think it would bring more but what the heck let some body win now and then! it's all good ! plus it wasn't going to apperciate in value with me holding on to it! No artist gets famous for hanging onto his work!
Just last summer having dinner with an old timer friend Steele Thurkelson (ace Mechinest / Mechainic for Shelbly American back in the day Ford GT -40's Cobras etc. he said when they brought the GT-40's, Daytona Coupes and Cobra race cars back to L. A. They couldn't sell them nobody wanted a beat up old race car! Some of them finally sold for unbeliveably cheap! Hmm Lets see 40 some years later you can't touch one for under 3 million (now that is a whole different ball game But who knows what will be important in 20 to 30 years from now!).
Oh buy the way the Viper and the 57 Chevy next to me, got very few lookie lues, well (kids and Moms) "no kids that's a race car!". So building and having a one of a kind car, Yeh it's kinda cool! If I had the money the Viper cost that Dude I could probably build a complete new body for the Mark VIII and buy some new shop equipment to boot!

Any body want to see a picture of Steve Saleen and I discussing discussing the possibly of him getting involved with the SWB Thunderbird SC's and building a SALEEN version ? Dave will like that because it was #003 in the picture. That would have been a neat concept back in the day!

Yes, I am very interested in the history of SWB #003 and I feel very fortunate to have been able to obtain the car. One car I think would have been extremely cool as an SWB is the XR7. I think it takes on a very "Mercedes SL" type look. I think it could have been a classic.

Attachments

• xr7dswb2.GIF
    xr7dswb2.GIF
    55.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
that pic of the convertable looks like a plastic model....

the bottom one that shows the front of the car.

Back