PDA

View Full Version : Any SC owners and GAS PUMP COLLECTORS

hillsideshortle
04-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Is there many SC owners that collect gas station stuff like pumps and signs

BlownSix
04-08-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't yet, but I would love to have an old pump! I also want to get a bunch of vintage signs for my shop.

txsc
04-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I have a few signs and some small pieces, and would like more. But, I have a hard time with some of the prices people are getting just for decorations to stick on the shop walls. I'll probably eventually pony up for a gas pump to restore for the inside of my shop.

But first, I want to get some more equipment installed, like a hoist, etc. When it comes right down to it, I'll get a lot more practical use from those items than oil memorabilia. But eventually, I'll get around to "decorating".

JD

hillsideshortle
04-09-2010, 09:31 AM
check out www.oldgas.com it's alot like this site but on gas and oil related items. It well give you a good idea on average prices and what is good and what isnt

txsc
04-11-2010, 06:57 PM
check out www.oldgas.com it's alot like this site but on gas and oil related items. It well give you a good idea on average prices and what is good and what isnt

I'm in no real hurry. Right now, I'm focused on getting my hoist installed, and a few other shop projects finished. I don't see myself spending any money on "decorations" for another 2-3 years.

Cheers,

JD