SS Brake Lines

Toms-SC

Hey all,

Getting ready to order a set and wanted to get some feedback as to brands. There appears to be 3 players in this market.

1) KVR has them listed on their site. I believe this is what is included with the big brake kits sold at SCP.
2) Classic Tube. They aren't listed on their website but you can call in and get them. There were some questions around the fitment of these kits. :confused:
3) SC-Spinningwheels has Stopflex kits. I haven't heard much about these kits.

Any comments as to what is considered the 'best' for bolt on and go?

Cheers

I used the set from Classic Tube. I had to drill a hole to mount the bracket for the rear line on both sides of the car but everything else take off old, install new. The fit was good.

I have the Classic Tube set also. Fit was good, install was straight forward, and have been working great for the last 3 years.

The lines from Spinning Wheels appear to be great with all the right fittings etc, but I have not installed them yet.

I have the ones from Classic Tube on my XR7. The only thing I wasn't happy about when installing them is that the rear lines are longer than stock, which made the routing less than ideal in my opinion.

I'm thinking that Spinning Wheels is carrying the Classic Tube kit? I'll have to look at the package and see what it says.

Just got some new ones in the mail for my 94. Complete with the plastic sleeves in clear blue..Photo sdoesnt do em justice..

Edit..The sleeves are to prevent wear of the stainless line

Attachments

• 23839_386876328414_794623414_3904479_516522_n.jpg
    23839_386876328414_794623414_3904479_516522_n.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I sent my stock lines out almost 11 years ago, and had Paragon Performance custom make me a set.

Since then, they've used that pattern to sell me another set for my LSC (pictured), and for some other people, such as Damon, that I've referred them to.

They offer either clear or colored coverings. However, while the fittings are perfect, no mounting hardware or brackets are included.

I got my brackets from Totally Stainless.

Attachments

• HPIM0224.JPG
    HPIM0224.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 116
  • HPIM0225.JPG
    HPIM0225.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 120
  • HPIM0391.JPG
    HPIM0391.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 116
  • HPIM0388.JPG
    HPIM0388.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 115
  • HPIM0384.JPG
    HPIM0384.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 108
Keep in mind that Tom's car is a 91 which means that those brake lines from Paragon won't work. I think the kit from Spinning Wheels or Classic tube are going to be the best.

Keep in mind that Tom's car is a 91 which means that those brake lines from Paragon won't work. I think the kit from Spinning Wheels or Classic tube are going to be the best.

I didn't realize the lines were different, thanks. :eek:

Someone with an early car could always send them a stock set to use as a template...... ;)

I didn't realize the lines were different, thanks. :eek:

Someone with an early car could always send them a stock set to use as a template...... ;)

The fittings are different thread at the lines. I found this out when trying to install a set of lines for a 91 (the old Goodridge lines that Tire Rack used to sell) on a 94 SC. Had to put new ends and double flare all the lines on the car. Not fun and I won't be doing that again.

I do like the colored lines, but the kit I got from Spinning Wheels (I assume that is a Classic Tube kit) is a direct bolt on with all mounting brackets and extra fitting included.

One difference between the Paragon lines and the Classic Tube kit is that the hoses in the Classic kit are universal (the ends are attached with JIC (AN) fittings which means that after installing the fittings and banjo connectors on the car you can then remove and install the lines by themselves. It also means that you are responsible for making sure that all 8 of them are tight. I like the fact that the Paragon lines are crimped.

I believe the classic tube lines were the ones offered in a group purchase some years back, its what i had on my 95 along with the cobra calipers and rotors..........till this day that car stopped quicker and firmer then anything ive ever owned.....even the cobra...lol:cool:

Different fitting for different years....why Ford WHY! :eek:

Thanks for the feedback all. Is there anybody running the KVR SS Brakelines? I guess my only real choice at this point in time is Classic Tube.

Different fitting for different years....why Ford WHY! :eek:

Entire brake system changed in 93. Why update anything? Answer should be self evident. :)

Is there anybody running the KVR SS Brakelines? I guess my only real choice at this point in time is Classic Tube.

I'm not sure if the "kit" I got with the KVR brake kit I installed from SCP a couple years ago is the same thing they are offering now, but back then all I got with the kit was the Goodridge kit which didn't include the brackets or the required fitting.

The big contraversy on stainless lines is that when driven daily dirt gets in teh stainless mesh and works as an abrasive wearing down the lines. Thats where the covers come in. They prevent that and give the lines a longer lifespan. Either will work great. Never had stainles son an SC so Ill let you all knwo what I think.....Now how do I properly bleed without the tool in the next question:O)

I'm running KVR stainless steel lines on mine, as they came with my big brake upgrade. They had to send me a different set of stainless steel lines since they didn't listen about the car being a 92, and as already mentioned, the threads are different. I've had the lines on my car for more than 10 years.

Back