What can I expect with this setup???

BlackbirdSc94

ok Im trying to get a parts list together for either my 94 sc or the 91, cant really decide right now because I want to do up my 5 speed first because I enjoy driving it more but it only needs a clutch and some other minor work to run but the 94 needs paint and head gaskets at a minimum and its been sitting for a while but that car has a better interior, Im the second owner and the first one didnt mess with the car at all so theres no issues with that but the 91 on the other hand has some electrical grimlins I believe.

Anyway Im leaning on the 94 because I know once everything under the hoods takin care of and its painted shes gonna be the cleanest sc in town plus I need to get it moved from where its sitting by july and I dont want to pay storage.

Heres what Im looking at right now

SCP / Kooks Long Tube 3.8L Headers - Mild Steel Jet Hot Coated $789.99 $789.99
Oxygen Sensor - Long Lead $59.99 $119.98
SPRING SPECIAL - SCP 3" High Flow Cat-Back Exhaust System $699.99 $699.99
Supercharger Top Spanner Nut Wrench $59.99 $59.99
BHJ Billet Steel Harmonic Balancer '89-93 SC/XR7 $379.99 $379.99
Motorcraft / Autolite 3.8L SC Spark Plug $6.00 $72.00
3.8L Billet Aluminum Wire Looms $59.99 $59.99
SC V6 & 5.0L Intake Package - 76mm MAFS, 3" FAS, 75mm TB. Save $25! $587.97 $587.97
Lightweight Aluminum 10% Overdrive Supercharger Pulley $84.99 $84.99
255 LPH High Flow Fuel Pump Kit - for '89-97 Tbird/Cougar & '93-96 Mark VIII $139.99 $139.99
ARP Cylinder Head Stud Kit $115.99 $115.99
Felpro Full Gasket Set - Includes one upper and one lower set...'89-95 $195.99 $195.99
Addco 1 1/4" Rear Anti-Sway Bar $189.99 $189.99
Addco 1 3/8" Front Anti-Sway Bar $209.99 $209.99
SCP Strut Tower Brace For the V6 SC Engine

Wadda you guys think shell run/ride like. Any lowside guesstimates to how much power could get to the rear wheels with those upgrades (LOWSIDE...dont wanna get my hopes all up;))

Scratch the headers and the 10% pulley. Just port the stock 94 exhaust manifolds and get some catless downtubes, and I wouldn't run a OD pulley on the 94 until you get an IC fan or a better IC (just swap on an 89-93 pulley).

SCP / Kooks Long Tube 3.8L Headers - Mild Steel Jet Hot Coated $789.99 $789.99
Oxygen Sensor - Long Lead $59.99 $119.98

Remove these and take the money to get your heads done by Dave. You will get far better results for horsepower increase versus dollars spent. Plus, you already are planning on changing the headgaskets, so get the heads done now. You can get your manifolds ported from http://braincoating.com/.

Addco 1 1/4" Rear Anti-Sway Bar $189.99 $189.99
Addco 1 3/8" Front Anti-Sway Bar $209.99 $209.99

I was told that you are better off matching the sizes on the Addco bars.

Last edited:
the only thing off that list I would recommend buying is the 255 pump and maybe the sway bars (1 3/8" front and back will give you great handling).

I'm with everyone else...head work, cam and tons of fuel

Tough crowd..Tough crowddd...

Lets say we do the 94

If you are doing head gaskets id start with a ported set of heads and a cam.

Stick with stock manifolds for now a mild port on them isnt such a bad idea.

Exhaust...Plenty of posts on that.

Get the MP inlet 85mm TB 3.5 inch intake (Larger MAF )
Port the factory SC with an S port
5-10% jackshaft pulley
Underdrive pullies (optional)

60ld injectors and a 255lph pump
ARP 2.8 chevy head stud kit(Under 100 from summit)

And a base tune from someone like Dave Dalke to get all the above running decent.

You can make an easy 300 plus RWHP with the above.

There will be room for improvement...Better Intercooler, IC fan, raised top(when you run out of things to buy)

Shop smart and you wont break the bank

60lb inj and 85mm tb .. ehhh... MP inlet plenum should be there...and he has a 94 so a diff would be nice too..

Lets say we do the 94

If I do the 94 I only have about $2800 because I need to get it painted too so thats my problem there

How much should that run me to have the heads and supercharger ported???

5-10% jackshaft pulley

And a base tune from someone like Dave Dalke to get all the above running decent.

How much should a tune run me and I belive the closest person to me is in Ohio, would the car run that far on the stock tune without messing it up??

when I was asking about the power Im not trying to get all souped up now but more so trying to build as solid a baseline possible without just ordering the long block which I am tempted to just do anyway. I just dont want to order one of those new motors and void the warrenty right of the bat by throwing aftermarket stuff at it but at the same time I wanna start improving right away. Has anyone here had problems with those motors to the point that they actually needed the warrenty, if not I might just do that anyway. What other parts/sensors ect. would/might I need for the installation of a new longblock other than the F.E.A.D (front end accesory drive) stuff and what from the FEAD would you guys suggest replacing.

There will be room for improvement...Better Intercooler, IC fan, raised top(when you run out of things to buy)

Thats why I'm talking to you mannnn;)

dun dun dunnnnn:p

Lets say we do the 94

If I do the 94 I only have about $2800 because I need to get it painted too so thats my problem there

How much should that run me to have the heads and supercharger ported???

5-10% jackshaft pulley

How much should a tune run me and I belive the closest person to me is in Ohio, would the car run that far on the stock tune without messing it up??

when I was asking about the power Im not trying to get all souped up now but more so trying to build as solid a baseline possible without just ordering the long block which I am tempted to just do anyway. I just dont want to order one of those new motors and void the warrenty right of the bat by throwing aftermarket stuff at it but at the same time I wanna start improving right away. Has anyone here had problems with those motors to the point that they actually needed the warrenty, if not I might just do that anyway. What other parts/sensors ect. would/might I need for the installation of a new longblock other than the F.E.A.D (front end accesory drive) stuff and what from the FEAD would you guys suggest replacing.

Thats why I'm talking to you mannnn;)

Anybody????^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh and what kind/type of cam should I be looking into, I want mid range power for now because Im not going to be out on the highway doin 130....for now;)

but yea if you guys dont agree with my list above instead of just saying it sucks why not offer some explanations and susggestions like everyone else, so now Im at the 255 fuel pump, sway bars, cam and injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, dual program chip, bhj balancer, 3 in fresh air, 75mm throttlebody with 76mm MAF, oh and exhaust

Any better now???

What are you asking for us to answer? I don't see anymore questions you asked.

How much would it cost to have my heads and supercharger ported and who is the closest person to Ann Arbor Mi. I should go to for a tune and with the parts that I have listed installed will the car make it to them without self destructing

How much would it cost to have my heads and supercharger ported and who is the closest person to Ann Arbor Mi. I should go to for a tune and with the parts that I have listed installed will the car make it to them without self destructing

wow your pretty local. nice to see another local person.

for 3500 you can get way more out of your car then what you would get with that list..

my mod list is in my sig and i only have about 5500 invested,tho i did buy all most all my parts used. and im very close to mid 12s(never had it at the track)

if your interested in getting your manifolds ported, contact me. i do them!

contact xr7dave about heads. he gave me a really good deal on a set i was gonna have done up.. but came across the coy miller stage 2's i have for a steal! which for my understanding he dont do them anymore...

wow your pretty local. nice to see another local person.

for 3500 you can get way more out of your car then what you would get with that list..

my mod list is in my sig and i only have about 5500 invested,tho i did buy all most all my parts used. and im very close to mid 12s(never had it at the track)

if your interested in getting your manifolds ported, contact me. i do them!

contact xr7dave about heads. he gave me a really good deal on a set i was gonna have done up.. but came across the coy miller stage 2's i have for a steal! which for my understanding he dont do them anymore...

Not only am I kinda local, we have the same color car. but mines is a 91 tho. Can you port my supercharger and no offense ment but can anyone reputable around here vouch for your work. Im on a tight budget and I cant go off paying for things to get done twice ya know

Not only am I kinda local, we have the same color car. but mines is a 91 tho. Can you port my supercharger and no offense ment but can anyone reputable around here vouch for your work. Im on a tight budget and I cant go off paying for things to get done twice ya know

idk if anyone local can say im good besides the few people i know.. i did all the work listed to my own car.. i did port a few guys manifolds on here.. i have pics of the blower work i have done.. i have also installed the motor in my 3rd gen sho. i been working on cars since i was 8years old and am 24:D(family auto shop)

im working on rebuilding my friends 350tpi firebird, crapy thing is the oil pick up fell out of the oil pump and the motor failed...... crapy design :rolleyes:

....and im very close to mid 12s(never had it at the track)

You may very well be close to mid-12's, but if you haven't been to the track yet, it's all speculation. This is what gets people in trouble, they see someone say mid-12's with "this" setup and they are already ordering parts....only to find out that they can't get to their goal.

You may very well be close to mid-12's, but if you haven't been to the track yet, it's all speculation. This is what gets people in trouble, they see someone say mid-12's with "this" setup and they are already ordering parts....only to find out that they can't get to their goal.

i dont know if you seen my thread in the NON Tech? i have beatin quit a few cars.. i wasnt telling him that if he went my route he would get what i got.. but i was just telling him that it takes the right parts and not much cash.

should have been more clear.:eek:

my big goal was to get the best heads and cam for my money. make a goal and stick with it. i had started with 42lb injectors and switched 2 60lbs by the time the motor was installed.

then do as much od to be safe. and find the biggest IC i could fit and cool that 20% od

Last edited:
i dont know if you seen my thread in the NON Tech? i have beatin quit a few cars.. i wasnt telling him that if he went my route he would get what i got.. but i was just telling him that it takes the right parts and not much cash.

Street racing this and that car is way different then actually running it at the track. All cars are different, the same setup on 2 dif cars won't be the same. To get the RIGHT parts for heads and cam it takes $$$.

Back