gas cap power conversion thing

AsScLoWn

is there a connector in the dash for it by the glove box on older SCs?:confused: anyone...anyone

...and that connector in the trunk is for the gas cap release right?

this post was about converting a non power cap to power:D

What

I'm just interested as to what you are talking about, I have never heard of anything like a powered gas cap. Please enlighten me. Nick

its just a locking gas cap lid, the non locking lids have a lip, the locking lids have a smooth cap. When you push the button in the glove box it just pops the lid open:D

Everything is already there. All you need is the switch, the solenoid, catch, and the door itself. I got all the parts from a junked 93 and installed it in my 89. Whole thing took about an hour. Hardest part was getting the plug out that they filled the hole in the filler neck area with. It's glued in pretty hard. Electrically speaking it all plugs in and works.

Seems that it was planned to be an option in 89 but got cancelled for some reason.

damn, I had my whole dash wiring harness out and I must of wrapped it up somewhere then, I'll take a closer look:D. I have everything to convert it, I just cant find the connector behind the glove-box:confused:

Back