apexi tuning

96mustang21

so my brother just got a 2g eclipse its boosted and bad ~~~ and i was playing around with his apexi safc tuner and it had an option to pick 4,6,or,8 cylinder engine this got me thinking could this tuner get me by until i saved the money to get it professionally tuned? or can i tune the car this way? and can it even be hooked up to our cars? any help or advice would be great

From what it looks like, the Apexi unit sits between the MAF and the EEC and alters the MAF signal to adjust the fuel ratio... the basics of it anyway.

Honestly, for that kind of money you could be running a QH and get alot more value for your money, and tune the car yourself.

Fraser

is there just a chip made for mustang guys thats done the swap basically i have no mods just sc heads and supercharger on my 96 block (9.0 compression) 2.75 true dual exhaust str8 piped, shorty headers, egr delete,sc injectors,fixing to have a cai,the blowers ported and i believe its off a 94+ because the vacuums are different on the blower then the one i had on it from an 89 and its 5 speed theres other small things i cant remember but any help would be great i dont want to run lean and mess something up i have a boost and afr gauge so i can see what its doing

is there just a chip made for mustang guys thats done the swap basically i have no mods just sc heads and supercharger on my 96 block (9.0 compression) 2.75 true dual exhaust str8 piped, shorty headers, egr delete,sc injectors,fixing to have a cai,the blowers ported and i believe its off a 94+ because the vacuums are different on the blower then the one i had on it from an 89 and its 5 speed theres other small things i cant remember but any help would be great i dont want to run lean and mess something up i have a boost and afr gauge so i can see what its doing

and you complained in the last thread that your swap didnt give you the gains you expected?

you need a tune to even think of running your vehicle like that. quarterhorse is the best bang for the buck, and fraser does good work. excellent customer service, and there is a tuning forum here that is invaluable.

and you complained in the last thread that your swap didnt give you the gains you expected?

you need a tune to even think of running your vehicle like that. quarterhorse is the best bang for the buck, and fraser does good work. excellent customer service, and there is a tuning forum here that is invaluable.

i havent run the mustang yet still waiting on the intercooler but i was expecting atleast 230rwhp with my setup being basically an sc engine with exhaust, ported blower,and the extra compression but after talking to some guys at mustang evolution thats done it they said i would be probly like 190/250 max with a tune which discouraged me a little. i wasnt expecting 500horse but i wasnt expecting 190 horse either hell with that sn95 gt's would still walk away from me.
so where do i get quarterhorse and how much is it? and what is it a chip a tuner a piggyback,a stand alone? this is all fairly new to me ive always been into imports.
but i did just get my ged after 6 years of being kicked out of school and im going back to school to get ase certified so i dont have alot of $$$ to spend but i do have trades

QH isn't going to support your Mustang processor so you might as well ditch that idea.

SC's make 190rwhp bone stock so I think 210-230 is reasonable but it will need tuning for sure. A basic chip will get you running, but no guarantees until it gets on a dyno. Unfortunately the whole thing is going to cost you a few bucks (probably like $500 by the time you are done).

You could use the Apexi, but probably would have better results with a MAFIA since they are made for Ford and plug in. They cost about $200. But that will only get you fuel, it won't "tune" your car.

Sorry, I had assumed this was an SC. There is very little support for the later mustangs with the QH..... yet.

Fraser

what about the sct chip/programmer from american muscle? has anyone here used those. and could they/anyone here make a tune for it? sorry for all the
?s just trying to learn a little about tuning. and the qh website siad it was for pre 2005 my mustang is only a 96. and 1 more ? all of my sensors are obd2 except the tps and iac are from the supercoupe obd1 would this affect the tuning or anything.

what about the sct chip/programmer from american muscle? has anyone here used those. and could they/anyone here make a tune for it? sorry for all the
?s just trying to learn a little about tuning. and the qh website siad it was for pre 2005 my mustang is only a 96. and 1 more ? all of my sensors are obd2 except the tps and iac are from the supercoupe obd1 would this affect the tuning or anything.

The SCT chip itself can be used and has been used by a lot of people, but it does not do anything in regards to datalogging etc. Since your is a 96, you could use an XCAL2/3 on your car and that re-flashes the existing tune, and does allow for datalogging through the ODBII interface.

The reason you can't use the QH at this time, is there is no program out there that has all the necessary information to put into the QH to run your car. I have built up the definition files to support the Supercoupe's so we have the ability to tune them with the QH, but I haven't ventured out to other cars yet.

There may be limited support for your car, but I would be skeptical about it. SCT would be your best bet I think.

Fraser

a racing buddy of mine has an xcal tuner but its for his ls1 camaro. can a tune for my car be loaded to this and then installed on my car. sorry if i sound like a user i just have no spare cash at the moment, and im very anxious to get the car on the road. and i need the car to get back and forth from school since i can finally get my license back.

a racing buddy of mine has an xcal tuner but its for his ls1 camaro. can a tune for my car be loaded to this and then installed on my car. sorry if i sound like a user i just have no spare cash at the moment, and im very anxious to get the car on the road. and i need the car to get back and forth from school since i can finally get my license back.

You cannot use someone else's Xcal.. They are VIN locked, and a GM device is totally different anyway. You'd have to buy a new Xcal for your vehicle only.

The only way you can even run the car would be to 1) reinstall the stock injectors and stay out of boost, or 2) get a calibrated MAF or MAFIA to trick the EEC. As I said, this will get you fuel into the motor but it won't be "tuned" at all.

A custom SCT chip would set the EEC up with all the right parameters and could be tuned later on. This would get you something that runs and drives with all components working together. This is also your least expensive solution. Keep in mind that many V6 Mustangs need to have the EEC enabled to run a chip. This means that the EEC may have to be sent in to have it modified to even accept a chip.

ok i have decided to sell my system and other stuff to come up with the money for a tuner. there is one specific one that caught my eye, just want your opinions before i buy it. its called sniper/delta force tuning software and i guess its for newbies like me any advice would be much appreciated here is a link to the site...http://www.snipertuningsfla.com/SPECIAL.html

From what it looks like, the Apexi unit sits between the MAF and the EEC and alters the MAF signal to adjust the fuel ratio... the basics of it anyway.

Honestly, for that kind of money you could be running a QH and get alot more value for your money, and tune the car yourself.

Fraser

Correct, SAFC is a MAF Translator. Your ignition timing would be all screwed up. It's the same retarded fix as one of those "Sample Tubes" people put in their MAFs.

You can get a SAFC for less than $100. But don't. Just throw the money in your glovebox instead. The car will probably run better.

ok i have decided to sell my system and other stuff to come up with the money for a tuner. there is one specific one that caught my eye, just want your opinions before i buy it. its called sniper/delta force tuning software and i guess its for newbies like me any advice would be much appreciated here is a link to the site...http://www.snipertuningsfla.com/SPECIAL.html

Try this guy. He does alot of the SC swaps to the mustang. He will get you the tuner, tunes and changes to your tune.

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=255&parent=96

Justin

Back