another night of fun....

92sclikenew

my car is really surprising me!:D

i ran the new 2010 sho and spanked it. by a car(with out the mp plenum and 10% jackshaft)this was a few days ago

but tonight.... my mp plenum came the other day put that beast on, and i installed my 10%(jackshaft) car feels really strong now.

started out with a 355 camaro that was suppose to be pretty quick and have quite few mods, late 90s style.
i got about 1/2 car on him.

then comes 97 cobra. stock but exhaust(he said....)
spanked him by a car...

then a early 90s drop top stang. it still didnt hang. close tho he stayed at my door. asked him what he had done and he said everything. he said he had nos but didnt spray. it was pretty funny.

then a ls1 ws6 firebird. my friend really thinks those cars are really fast... i don't....

well we line up and i own this thing... like 2 cars. maybe he sucks at driving. he tried over and over. and i got him every time. it was really funny:eek: he got so mad he pulled off:D

then on the way home. some srt4 trys to get some.... it was a quick car but again 2+ cars on him he just pulled off and turned around..

all in all it was a good night for me. i know street racing at good.. but owell:D

oh yea me and my friend both was in the car.
still aint got the car to the track. but i got a good idea for what its running.

Last edited:
After reading over your mod list, I would expect you to be running pretty strong. Looks like you have everything needed for running 12s.

David

That's awesome. I don't condone street racing so I'm going to assume you did all that at the track, but even so you have showed what I mean when I say that an SC can hang with modern muscle. :)

Oh and not to belittle anything you've done to your car, but you don't have anywhere near the investment in your car that those guys do. :cool:

I would expect you to run 12.7's or so. I ran 12.5's with a similar setup as you exept I had a double IC which was not up to cooling the 20% OD. I also had a larger cam and a 3K stall converter.

thanks guys

i have maybe.. i mean maybe 6k in parts on her.

with the 20% im only seeing 14psi of boost. but anything over like 3k rpms boost drops(which still is pushing around 11psi, stock gauge.) because of belt slip. the belts are trashed so i need some need ones. which may fix it.

btw the afr gauge stays in check but im having a hard time getting the laptop to connect to my lc1, i had it work once with no issues, then the 2nd time it wouldn't connect. then it did. now i cant get it to connect at all....

i have a older laptop that is running win xp and has a 9pin on it. any suggestions? it keeps showing the channel as lm1_o2. i know when it worked it said lc1_o2 in log works. how do i change it?

Last edited:
thanks guys

i have maybe.. i mean maybe 6k in parts on her.

with the 20% im only seeing 14psi of boost. but anything over like 3k rpms boost drops because of belt slip. the belts are trashed so i need some need ones. which may fix it.

You could probably pick up some boost by adding a set of the Magnum Powers tensioner springs and be sure to use good quality belts like Gates/Napa when replacing them.

David

You could probably pick up some boost by adding a set of the Magnum Powers tensioner springs and be sure to use good quality belts like Gates/Napa when replacing them.

David

i didnt buy any MP springs yet. well the car hasnt been running long so i didnt think about them... but i did clock the blower tensioner when it was more stock with just the 10% pulley on the blower.

thanks for the input on type of belts.

should i be running a smaller sized belt with the 10% jackshaft pulley?

and what is the suggested size for the 10% on the blower?

thanks!

I ran the stock size belts with a 10% JS with a 10% SC pulley. I was still getting slip with MP springs and new Gates belts. It polished the ribs on the SC pulley. Only way to really get rid of the slip is to get MP's 10 rib setup.

I ran the stock size belts with a 10% JS with a 10% SC pulley. I was still getting slip with MP springs and new Gates belts. It polished the ribs on the SC pulley. Only way to really get rid of the slip is to get MP's 10 rib setup.

yea i may end up doing that but jobless atm:(

but i didn't have belt slip till i put the jack shaft on.. also seems the more i drive it and the belt slips and warms up. it don't slip as much. also don't seem to do it all the time. but 3 out of 4 it will.

Last edited:
Love some good kill stories. You should be at 325 to the wheels if you get that belt issue fixed. You def got the 12 second recipie.

I am assuming you did all of this on a "first round" mail order tune from DD? Am I right?

yes it dont even.. i guess have a real tune...

afr seems to stay in check tho.. need to do another data log and send it to him, so the master can over look it..

Last edited:
yes it dont even.. i guess have a real tune...

afr seems to stay in check tho.. need to do another data log and send it to him, so the master can over look it..

So you have already sent him some data logging and he has sent you a 2nd tune? No matter what it seems to be running great, I'm just curious

So you have already sent him some data logging and he has sent you a 2nd tune? No matter what it seems to be running great, I'm just curious

no 2nd tune this is still the base tune.. (first tune i received) from my understanding form dave unless i wanna put it on the dyno to get more out of it. this tune "should" be good if my afr stays in check.

i sent him data log soon as i got my wide band installed... with out the MP inlet and the 10% jackshaft.. and he said it was with in but kind of to the lean side... and wanted another data log.. i have hooked the laptop up and did it and it seems to be even lower then it was with out the parts.. i didnt see it go over 12.1 afr and dave told me long as its under 12.5 in wot i should be safe.

Last edited:
Back