PDA

View Full Version : Brake Stand

MikeM
10-06-2002, 09:19 PM
I know the 5-speed SC's will not spin the tires and take off the line without nasty wheel hop, but will they do a brake stand and perform a nice smoke show without wheel hop?

-Mike

SCme
10-06-2002, 09:48 PM
My stock 94 will when you get the RPM's up pretty good. If you do the dump clutch and grab brake style, you could damage the rear brakes. If you want to do a smokey burnout, I would install a linelock. Get with XR7Dave as he has the instuction on what is needed and how to install one. It will help save you brakes.

AsScLoWn
10-06-2002, 11:04 PM
two ways, one is to use your right foot for the gas and brake(step on both at once), and left for clutch. The other is right foot gas and left foot clutch and brake.

You can rev it and dump it, or feather out the clutch quickly, if you do it right it'll smoke up nice, sometimes initially it hops, but it settles down. Just remember any clown:D can brake stand an auto:p

Matt SC ESC
10-06-2002, 11:22 PM
what i do is... use my third leg for the brake. think about it. very few people have the "tool" necessary for this job, but i'd recommend a pump to help get you started. Good luck! :)

AsScLoWn
10-06-2002, 11:25 PM
:rolleyes:

Digitalchaos
10-07-2002, 02:44 AM
There was a thread about this previously, but I am currently unable to find it. What I had found about catching a wheel w/o the hop in a 5 speed is you need just the right amount of clutch slip. It takes a little getting used to, but you should be able to do it perfect & w/o excessive clutch wear after a few times of practice. Once you get the hang of it, you can burn nicely through nearly every gear :D. Also, you will find that you need no more than 1500 rpms in most cases, even with a stock SC. I have caught wheels almost at idle! Have fun.