ARGH!!! oil pressure

k_schutte

one little bug after another...

when I get on the throttle, my oil pressure drops WAY down. Just did an oil change today and there is plenty of oil so that is not the issue.

oil pressure

thats kind of funny, i changed the oil in my car then my oil pressure was doing the same thing and BOOM... spun a bearing just that quick..

thats kind of funny, i changed the oil in my car then my oil pressure was doing the same thing and BOOM... spun a bearing just that quick..

well, it was doing that before I changed the oil... I just thought for some reason an oil change would be a cheap way to start the process of figuring it out. put some 100 octane in there today too just to see try and be a little safer until I get my chip.

Cool... I have to pick up my header gaskets tomorrow anyways so I will grab a sending unit switch deal too, after I make sure it isn't just a loose connection. First i have to figure out where it is though...

yeah, sounds like the connection is loose, or the wire is frayed and it grounds out whenever you accellerate. i had a frayed wire on my 95.

ARGH!!! oil pressure

Had the same issue with my 4.6 TB. Turned out to be the oil filter bad right out of the box.

yeah, sounds like the connection is loose, or the wire is frayed and it grounds out whenever you accellerate. i had a frayed wire on my 95.

if the wire grounded out then wouldnt it show the normal pressure?

the switch is normally open and closes with engine oil pressure present correct?

i bet its a junk sender, or loose wire that is going open under accel.

check harness and make sure its not getting pulled when accelerating. like motor mounts ect. but change that sensor first.

The stock gauge is just basically a on/off switch, put in a real mechanical gauge to see what your actual pressures are to see what condition your engine is in.

Is there a way to put in an electrical oil sending unit that will operate the stock gauge over a full sweep? I would like to keep the factory look and not have aftermarket gauges all over the place.

Oil preasure

I have a similar issue, I have thrown it up to a week pump. My oil preasure flucuates and some times when fan is on and it is warm when i come to a stop while turning into a parking space it wants to red light and sputter. Any ideas?

I am new to super coups, I have spend lots, But I Love This Darn Car.

If your oil pressure switch is going out, don't delay. They can develop a fast leak very suddenly where the metal pieces are crimped together. I lost nearly all of my oil before I realized a big problem. Fortunately, after changing the sender, all was well. Bad part in my case was the the gauge still worked with the bad sender! :eek:

Back