Finally got it running

kid vishus

For those of you with extremely long memories, you will remember several months back my '93 blew a head gasket and I tackled the job of changing them myself. It wouldnt have been such a chore if I had an actual garage to work on it rather than under a carport in the elements. And then there were the issues of lack of money, poor weather (I have no desire to work on something basically outside when it is 35* and snowing, or 55* and raining), and the general lack of time since it is that time of year the yard starts to need attention. Anyways, it runs. I did end up with an extra bracket leftover, 2 big bolts, 2 studs, and one smaller bolt. The leftover bracket rather concerns me. :eek: I know where most of the leftover parts came from, but not that bracket.

Oh well, it seems to run pretty good now although the idle seems a bit rougher than before. For those that dont remember, I ported the manifolds, cleaned up under all the valves on the heads, cleaned up the exhaust port itself, added a 5% OD jackshaft pulley, and installed a K&N flat filter. Other than the idle being rather rough, it drives just like it did before the HG blew. Even from a dead stop and flooring it, it really doesnt act like it has any more power. But leaving it in Drive and flooring it at 55 mph, it gets to 80 mph much quicker than before.

I have a buddy who owns a chassis dyno and says depending on which computer is in the car says he can tune it. I'm going to talk to him this week and see what he would charge me to put a tune in the car.

Back