Dynomax Ultraflow X resonator...Ultrafail!

XxSlowpokexX

So I had a bit of an exhaust leak....:D

If you shake it it makes a a bunch of rattling noise as well...Yah soo....Only a Year old!

Attachments

• IMG00014-20100408-1832.jpg
    IMG00014-20100408-1832.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 311
That damage has nothing to do with not being stainless. And has everything to do with it being junk. Ive run non stainless mufflers on many of my cars with nothing like this ever happening. Last exhaust off this car was galvanized with a flowmaster resonator and dynomax mufflers. Mufflers were on thier way out (super turbos 7 or 8 years old) but the flow master resonator was in perfect shape (non stainless)

THe lettering stamp maching was on high on that day and probably left a thin gauge around it that caused those stress cracks.

I would get ahold of Dynomax and see what they say. If they blow you off, then copy a link to this post and let them see where it gets them. I know alot of people here use Dynomax and recomend them, but if their customer service suxx, then they may lose support from here. Just an idea is all.

They actually said go to any dealer with proof of purchase and i can get an exchange.....Now..where is that receipt!:eek:

I got it at Jegs so getting a receipt should be ....Easy? haha

Damon, from looking at the photo, maybe it's all the cans and stuff up under the car that are making the rattling noises. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

You guys are hung up on stainless. WHat happened has absolutely nothing to do with it not being stainless. The cracked steel was not even rusted. I can go into metallurgical explanations why stainless wouldnt have held up any better but why bother!!! IT SEVEN OBVIOUS WHAT HAPPENED!:eek:

You apparently missed the sarcasm in that...:D. Remember a few years ago (I think it was 06) when we talked about how the insides of the Flowmasters fell apart since my kit did.

SWS

They actually said go to any dealer with proof of purchase and i can get an exchange.....Now..where is that receipt!:eek:

I got it at Jegs so getting a receipt should be ....Easy? haha

You bought it from Jegs so therefor you call 1-800-345-4545 and give the call center your phone number that you ordered the muffler under, they find you in their computer and wola! :D

Shane

Shane I have done that and they said yah send it back. Yah..Sending mufflers back isnt teh easiest thing to do. Dynomax said a local dealer will hav eto take it as well. Just need to vcall jeggs back and get a receipt

Sorry dude didnt recall the flowmaster episode!

Shane I have done that and they said yah send it back. Yah..Sending mufflers back isnt teh easiest thing to do. Dynomax said a local dealer will hav eto take it as well. Just need to vcall jeggs back and get a receipt

Sorry dude didnt recall the flowmaster episode!

Not digging the new Screen Name Damon. Everytime I look at it, it makes me think for a split second that Im on a different kind of website, if you know what I mean....

Back