Tuning what did i doooooooo!!!

XxSlowpokexX

Ok not what you think

On my 94sc I currenty am running a spal pusher and puller fan.

I THOUGHT I managed to have my low speed fan stay on in place of both hi/lo speed and I THOUGHT I had my pusher fan (the one that comes on at extreme high temps) come on along with my main fan..

BUT NOOOOOO...My pusher isnt comming on with my standard fan and now Im iffy about if I need to splice my high/low power wires together instead of having the low wire only control.

Im using the SCT racer package.....Any thoughts what I NEED to do ..Because apparently I mussed up. I did this in the fall of last year but just recently hooked up the pusher fan.

Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps someone else has an idea of what I need to do here.

Im going to go over teh program now

well I couldnt find my old program...ANYWAYS.starting on a new one

on a 94 what triggers the pusher fan? Is that the high temp switch>:?

Also what have your experiences been with fan turn on turn off points with a 180 degree tstat

Thanks

ALso if I shut off dual winding fan switch. Will that shut off the high speed function all together? My fan is only one speed.....Still dont get how to control pusher fan unless that is considered high speed....Again help!!

ALso if I shut off dual winding fan switch. Will that shut off the high speed function all together? My fan is only one speed.....Still dont get how to control pusher fan unless that is considered high speed....Again help!!

Not sure why you dont have the high speed wire connected, When it get really hot and the system cannot cool down. Then when the computer commands the hi fan to turn on then you will not have the fans running.

Not sure why you dont have the high speed wire connected, When it get really hot and the system cannot cool down. Then when the computer commands the hi fan to turn on then you will not have the fans running.

Im trying not to cut any wires. I should I THINK be able to command the low speed shut on and off and disable high speed so the PCM doesnt think it exists at all. My question is can this be done...I mean I just did it on the tune but sometikes what you think you di dan ddidnt can be way off.

WHy have a hi lo speed option when you have a one speed fan. But then what about the pusher fan.....WHat controls that on and off. Because honestly I cant find it and the SCT racer package is misisng functions the full package has. Maybe this is one of them??? I just dont know.

On the 94's (95's excluded) the system was wired up to run the puller fan on both low and high speed, and the pusher fan, which was controlled by the 3rd fan switch you see in the software would only come on when the high speed circuit was activated.

The 95's did not use the puller fan in high speed mode, just low speed in both modes.

Just set the temps for the modes you don't want to the max temp setting.

Fraser

You can't do it through the software because the high speed shuts off the low speed due to the fact you can't run a dual winding motor with both windings at the same time. You can do it by adding a relay to where the high speed trigger re-enables the puller fan.

Ahhh ok..So the software cant turn the pusher on. That just seems silly. I guess they just didnt put the option in.

I will have to look at this more closely later on. The sct software seems to give option to mak eteh PCM think there is no high or dual winding fan and as a note say sit wont look for it if shut off.

So I just need to play with it...But if I need to junp anything. I can just just the relay and turn on th epusher fan when the puller come son

My pusher fan comes on electronically by lowering the temp on the software. I have a 94' I cannot tell if it only runs on the HI mode or both. But temps have to be climbing for it to turn on.

Last edited:
Ahhh ok..So the software cant turn the pusher on. That just seems silly. I guess they just didnt put the option in.

I will have to look at this more closely later on. The sct software seems to give option to mak eteh PCM think there is no high or dual winding fan and as a note say sit wont look for it if shut off.

So I just need to play with it...But if I need to junp anything. I can just just the relay and turn on th epusher fan when the puller come son

Yeah, there's nothing seperate in the SCT software for the pusher fan.

Since you asked, here are my fan settings.

Attachments

• fansettings.jpg
    fansettings.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 51
If am reading correctly Fraser is saying that I am able to run the pusher fan when the computer switches to HI mode because I have a 94.

Last edited:
wait......

Maybe if I set high setting as my low setting......

That will work?

so keep my low setting at 250 on and off then set my high setting at whatever 190 186...My pusher will come on too?

The simple way to do it is to wire both fan powers into the puller fan and then just set your temps wherever you want. That way the puller comes on when you want and the pusher steps in wherever you want also.

The SCT software is missing a switch or three. Here's some "quotes" to define what is going on with the fan system, and what's different in the 94's.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ELECTRO-DRIVE FAN CONTROL STRATEGY
OVERVIEW
To control a "one-speed" fan, set EDFHP = 1 and HEDFHP = 0.
To control a "two-speed" dual-wound fan, using the EDF and HEDF logic, set
both EDFHP and HEDFHP = 1 and DWFHP = 1.
To control either a "two-speed" fan with a series resistor, or two separate
fans, set both EDFHP and HEDFHP = 1 and DWFHP = 0.
To control a "two-speed" dual-wound fan, using the EDF and EDF3 logic (see below), set
both EDFHP and EDF3HP = 1 and DWFHP MUST be = 0.
If an electro-drive fan is not used, set both EDFHP and HEDFHP = 0.

3RD EDF CONTROL LOGIC (SCT is missing this switch by the looks of it)
OVERVIEW
This Strategy Module drives the third EDF output, currently only for use on
the '94 T'bird S/C. In this application it drives the 2nd stage of the 2
speed puller fan, normally HEDF. The HEDF strategy, as it is shown in this
book, is used to drive the Pusher Fan. The Software does not have any
ability to change the CPU Pins dependant upon application. The S/C is
contained by hardwiring the EDF and EDF3 outputs to the IRCM to drive the 2
speed puller fan, and HEDF is connected to the stand-alone relay for the
Pusher Fan. Other conventional packages have EDF and HEDF hardwired to the IRCM.

Hopes that clouds the mud up some more ;).

Fraser

Back