PDA

View Full Version : wow and im not impatient

lpfan
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
im the one that was telling everyone to hang tight but now this is kinda annoying at almost 2 1/2 months waiting what is going on is this a difficult process or something i dont know im just asking ?

BlackbirdSc94
04-14-2010, 06:11 PM
im the one that was telling everyone to hang tight but now this is kinda annoying at almost 2 1/2 months waiting what is going on is this a difficult process or something i dont know im just asking ?

Yea its easy to tell people to wait when its not your money or you dont need the info asap. thats why I havnt signed up but I might as well go ahead. The time Ive waited for the problem to be adressed would have had me the membership by now, just seems like shady business practice to me though. Nobody here would accept this if they were at a real store or there was another SCCOA that handled their business on time.

I just wonder though, since it takes so long to get the membership. Does it take that long for them to spend the money???:confused: I doubt it

92sclikenew
04-15-2010, 09:50 AM
I just wonder though, since it takes so long to get the membership. Does it take that long for them to spend the money???:confused: I doubt it

if they are as busy as they say, it may;)

a few months waiting isnt bad tho i agree when you pay you expect the service now. not when its felt like being turned on...

Republicanadian
04-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Sorry, can't buy any excuses for not maintaining a pay forum.

I paid my dues a couple weeks ago, now I see some have been waiting months. Unacceptable.

During the good old DSS days I had 4 VB forums and 6 retail sites to run and managed to get new paid forum members assigned within 24 hours. I had no employees to help either, didn't need them; if you setup VB right assigning members is simple.

If I could do it within 24 hours while dealing with pissed off people wanting a card fix for their free TV, the Admin here should have no problems. If they can't do it they should assign longtime members here the task.

lpfan
04-15-2010, 10:54 PM
well no blackbird when i told them to relax and wait i still had been waiting longer than them .
I think at least we should be given an explanation to why this takes so long

gldiii
04-16-2010, 08:54 AM
First let me say this membership issue is 100% my fault. It has been hashed over many times (threads are all over the board) so I wonít go into any excuses or more discussions. Letís just say I got lost somewhere on the road of good intentions. It is hard to imagine now that I ever did anything good for the site!

We do have a resource working on automation and we will get it out of my hands as soon as we can. There is a thread in the SCCoA board forum that is up to date on what is processed. I also have a large backlog of expired memberships since I have not been sending renewal notices for some time. These memberships have been going on for FREE and will not be terminated until members are notified of dues owed. The pain will linger for some timeÖ.

We do not spend the money as soon as we get it and are not up to any shady business practices. I am simply behind and for a variety of reasons have not caught up. We always have a 100% money back guarantee on dues, so anyone pissed at me can get an immediate refund. If you do wait until your dues are processed you will receive a FULL year or longer from when they are processed, not from the received date. NO ONE has ever been cheated out of a DIME by the SCCoA under my watch. Send refund requests to my email below and they will be processed promptly.

Just to reiterate, this is NOT an issue with the other hard working guys that help maintain this site, I realized I have dragged them into this mess, but it is totally my fault. Iíll be removing myself from the equation as soon as I can so things will get better. I know I it seems like this doesnít bother me since it has gone on so long, but I can assure you it never really leaves my thoughts. My apologies again for letting it go on for so long.

95_XR7
04-16-2010, 09:18 AM
First let me say this membership issue is 100% my fault. It has been hashed over many times (threads are all over the board) so I wonít go into any excuses or more discussions. Letís just say I got lost somewhere on the road of good intentions. It is hard to imagine now that I ever did anything good for the site!

We do have a resource working on automation and we will get it out of my hands as soon as we can. There is a thread in the SCCoA board forum that is up to date on what is processed. I also have a large backlog of expired memberships since I have not been sending renewal notices for some time. These memberships have been going on for FREE and will not be terminated until members are notified of dues owed. The pain will linger for some timeÖ.

We do not spend the money as soon as we get it and are not up to any shady business practices. I am simply behind and for a variety of reasons have not caught up. We always have a 100% money back guarantee on dues, so anyone pissed at me can get an immediate refund. If you do wait until your dues are processed you will receive a FULL year or longer from when they are processed, not from the received date. NO ONE has ever been cheated out of a DIME by the SCCoA under my watch. Send refund requests to my email below and they will be processed promptly.

Just to reiterate, this is NOT an issue with the other hard working guys that help maintain this site, I realized I have dragged them into this mess, but it is totally my fault. Iíll be removing myself from the equation as soon as I can so things will get better. I know I it seems like this doesnít bother me since it has gone on so long, but I can assure you it never really leaves my thoughts. My apologies again for letting it go on for so long.

In my opinion, you owe no reasoning behind what goes on. As far as the 'shady business practices'....you have got to be kidding me. If you think that, ask any of us members here and I'm sure 90% of us would tell you that isn't the case.

-Corey

lpfan
04-18-2010, 09:06 AM
i was not implying shady business what so ever

BlackbirdSc94
04-24-2010, 03:15 PM
In my opinion, you owe no reasoning behind what goes on. As far as the 'shady business practices'....you have got to be kidding me. If you think that, ask any of us members here and I'm sure 90% of us would tell you that isn't the case.

-Corey

How can you seriously tell people that have already paid for a service that they have not recieved for weeks-months on end that they dont deserve an explanation as to why they have not got what they paid for.

Like I said on the shady thing, if you paid to have your paper delivered or lights/cable turned on and didnt get anything for 2 months you would be calling/visiting the paper/light/cable company wondering what the hells going on.

NO you dont want a refund, you want what you paid for even though you might take the refund just because your pissed off or can get the service somewhere else. If thats what you wanted you would have kept your money in the first place.

That dosnt mean Im saying the people here are crooks or out to get peoples money, just that what they are doing in this one instanct is a shady business practice. One that just about all internet business with a bad rep have. What do you think a review on ebay would say "great people, lousy service"

How many people say "Man that food was naaaasssty, but the waiter was so polite, wanna go back next week honey???":confused: NOBODY

On a side note I feel like a dumba$$ having this discussion when Im about to go make my membership payment right now:o but where else am I supposed to go. I would honestly rather pay a extra 5-10 bucks and get instant acess

Sorry, can't buy any excuses for not maintaining a pay forum.

I paid my dues a couple weeks ago, now I see some have been waiting months. Unacceptable.

During the good old DSS days I had 4 VB forums and 6 retail sites to run and managed to get new paid forum members assigned within 24 hours. I had no employees to help either, didn't need them; if you setup VB right assigning members is simple.

If I could do it within 24 hours while dealing with pissed off people wanting a card fix for their free TV, the Admin here should have no problems. If they can't do it they should assign longtime members here the task.

Hell yea, I need a part time under the table job, Ill put in 2-3 hours a day till its knocked out if theyll drop a payment in my paypal.....the same day

rlittlep
04-26-2010, 02:15 PM
How can you seriously tell people that have already paid for a service that they have not recieved for weeks-months on end that they dont deserve an explanation as to why they have not got what they paid for.

Like I said on the shady thing, if you paid to have your paper delivered or lights/cable turned on and didnt get anything for 2 months you would be calling/visiting the paper/light/cable company wondering what the hells going on.

NO you dont want a refund, you want what you paid for even though you might take the refund just because your pissed off or can get the service somewhere else. If thats what you wanted you would have kept your money in the first place.

That dosnt mean Im saying the people here are crooks or out to get peoples money, just that what they are doing in this one instanct is a shady business practice. One that just about all internet business with a bad rep have. What do you think a review on ebay would say "great people, lousy service"

How many people say "Man that food was naaaasssty, but the waiter was so polite, wanna go back next week honey???":confused: NOBODY

On a side note I feel like a dumba$$ having this discussion when Im about to go make my membership payment right now:o but where else am I supposed to go. I would honestly rather pay a extra 5-10 bucks and get instant acess

Hell yea, I need a part time under the table job, Ill put in 2-3 hours a day till its knocked out if theyll drop a payment in my paypal.....the same day

There has to be a solution. If this is too much for one person to handle, why not ask for help? I know a few people have already stated they would help in any way possible to clear up the back log. All that has to be done is ASK FOR HELP! There are more than a few of us willing to help. If your waiting for an automated system to clear all of this up, then all of us that have paid our dues and those that prefer to ride the freebie train for not paying thier back dues will stay in this position for who knows how long?
Bob

Kurt K
04-26-2010, 02:47 PM
There has to be a solution. If this is too much for one person to handle, why not ask for help? I know a few people have already stated they would help in any way possible to clear up the back log. All that has to be done is ASK FOR HELP! There are more than a few of us willing to help. If your waiting for an automated system to clear all of this up, then all of us that have paid our dues and those that prefer to ride the freebie train for not paying thier back dues will stay in this position for who knows how long?
Bob
Bob,

This has be rehashed more times than you know. It's easy to ask for help and even get it, but if you don't know how to implement that help, it doesn't matter. George (gldiii) has stated the problems in this thread and continuing to question the issues isn't making anything happen faster.

Pat DiPersia
04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm going to close this thread as the horse has been beaten.

Please see the following thread for more information on memberships.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113766